Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice-port command for 3925?

Hi,

I´m having problems with a 3925 router since doesn´t recognize the voice-port command. The current IOS is

(C3900-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.1(4)M4

I haven´t installed the PVDM3-32 card yet, my doubt is if once I installe this card the voice-port command will be available or if I´ll need to update the IOS?

Any help you can give would be great.

Best regards.

Patricia

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have UC license installed?

Chris

View solution in original post

You will need the license to get the voice commands, PVMDs will not be needed for the config, but will be needed for the calls to work.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hi

Can you  share show version , please?.

Thank you

please rate all useful information

14 Replies 14

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have UC license installed?

Chris

You will need the license to get the voice commands, PVMDs will not be needed for the config, but will be needed for the calls to work.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hi

Can you  share show version , please?.

Thank you

please rate all useful information

Thanks all, I´ll work with the license activation and PVDM installation, this will take me some time today (I´m not close to the equipment now).

Thank you on your feedback.

Patricia

p.s. Here is the current sh diag and sh ver from the router.

Hi,

It seems there was a confussion with the license quote and was not requested. For this Gatekeeper can you please tell me how can I order the license (i.e SL-XX-DATA-K9)? I understand the router needs a technology package UC, but what is the nomenclature?

The comands lists for voip for this router will be:

- voice-port

- dial-peer

With this license update besides the "voice-port" the subcommand "port" will be available?

i.e:   dial-peer voice xx ports

destination pattern xx...

port x/x:x    (current IOS does not support this command)

forward-digits all

Any feedback will be grateful.

Thanks.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you need gatekeeper or just voice gateway license? I suspect the second, for which you just need the UC license for voice gateway.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Ramirez,

For Gatekeeper to work on ISR G2 , u require Feature license.Part Code for same is FL-GK-3925.

Further for GK, u need to have IPBase and UC as a  pre-requistie. .

regds,

aman

Hi,

Finally we purchase the license and IOS. I add the PAK at the cisco portal and obtain the license, but where can I get the IOS for the router? Can I get through the portal or should I call to cisco to obtain it?

Any feedback will be welcome.

Regards.

Patricia

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You download it from Cisco web page under support --> downloads, but you have to have a valid support contract for it associated to your profile.
What version are you running now? "Show version".

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

The current version is C3900-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.1(4)M4. And the version to upload will be L-SL-39-UC-K9=.

Patricia

On Cisco web page under support/download, should I see the new version to install?

I enter and only see the Universal IOS (c3900-universalx.bin) available for download but don´t see the IOS purchased to upgrade (L-SL-39-UC-K90=), should the CEO manager account be access with his profile and downloaded it?

Patricia

Universal version includes everything which you unlock with license key, so there is no need to download different version unless you want to.

Chris

Hi Ramirez,

the PArt Code L-SL-39-UC-K90= u have mentioned is the license for Unified Communications on 3925 router.You would have got PAK key for the same.Your  router show  diag shows UC as permanent.

If required, u can upgrade to c3900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M7.bin
from

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=282774222&flowid=7437&softwareid=280805680&release=15.3.3M1&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=ED&reltype=latest

regds,

aman

Thank you all on your feedback.

Best regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: