Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice quality by intercluster trunk non-gatekeeper H.323

Dear all!

Our client has an environment where there is a non-gatekeeper intercluster trunk.

In this environment there is a problem with the calls between these two locations.

All calls extension-extension passing through the trunk are experiencing a lot of noise and noise.

What steps should I check to fix this problem?

I focus on QOS and consumption WAN link?

The use of these MTP trunk may be impacting in any way?

I thank you!

Our client

has

an environment where

there is a

non-

gatekeeper

intercluster

trunk.

In this environment

there is a problem

with the

calls between

these

two locations.

All calls

extension-

extension

passing through the

trunk

are experiencing

a lot of noise

and noise.

What steps

should I check

to fix

this

problem?

I

focus on

QOS

and consumption

WAN link?

The use of

these

MTP

trunk

may

be impacting

in any way?

I thank you!

3 Replies 3

Jagpreet Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Marcelo,

If there is no MTP or Transcoder in the call flow, then this is probably a network issue, thus you would have to look into the WAN connection and the QOS.

But if there is an MTP, then the correct way to approach this from UC is :

> Configure the Trunk, so that it uses a specified MTP and does not have an option of many. We need this configuration so that we know for sure which MTP will get allocated for a call. Any config change will require a reset of the Trunk, so do this after hours.

> Collect the packet captures from the MTP/Xcoder. If this on an IOS platform, you can span the switch port and if the MTP is on the CUCM, you can collect the captures from the CUCM CLI using the stpes listed in

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-11599

> We can decode the packets then to see if the call distortion is happening through the MTP, if not, then you troubleshoot the network.

But I would like to repeat the above point, it is most likely a WAN connection issue.

Regards,

Jagpreet

Hi Jagpreet!

Thanks for your reply.

I will continue to analyze om case with the main focus on the WAN link. A question:

At the same time I use QOS on WAN, I can use auto qos on lan? I will continue to analyze om case with the main focus on the WAN link. A question:

At the same time I use QOS on WAN, I can use auto-qos on lan?

Marcelo,

I would not recommend Auto QOS on Lan.

Regards,

Jagpreet