Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Quality Issue

Hi

We have CUCM 11.5 and SIP trunk modem that is connected directly to Mikrotik. we have confronted with voice quality issue and some times it's robotic and some times choppy. There might be network, server or client side problem, but I don't know how to trouble shoot the voice quality problem.

Can you help me?

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What does your network topology look like?

Does the issue appears only for SIP calls through the provider or internal calls as well?

How is the SIP trunk established, is this over public internet or MPLS, private connection, etc?

Do you have QoS configured on all network devices?

Hi

I just have problem with SIP calls through the provider and not LAN and my SIP calls are established through public internet. We have configured QOS on our cisco switch devices, but I don't know that should I also configure QOS in CUCM or not and actually I don't know how to do that.

If the quality issue is only on Internet designated calls short of taking to your provider to see if there is something they can do on their side there is nothing you can do.  This is one of the drawbacks of Internet based SIP providers vs. private network providers where unfortunately your milage will vary as you have no control over what is going on with the packets as they traverse public internet.