Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VOICE QUALITY ON IVR

Hi Gents,

Before all thank you for your help. Your experience and expertise are greatly appreciated.

Here you go...

I have a VOIP cluster setup as follow: PSTN -->> CUBE --->>> CUCM --->> UNITY and PTSN ---> CUBE ---> CUCM ---> UCCX.

The issue that i am facing is the voice prompt greeting on the IVR was not registered by a professional service/person. Therefore, i am facing complain where users from the PSTN keeps complain about the quality(volume too low, static). Even internal users as well!

i am thinking to get all the greetings to be registered all together by a PRO but business has been sleeping on it for far  too long now.

So i was wondering whether or not i can play with the audio, at least the volume, through CUCM/Unity? I have used audacity in the last for audio manipulation but if the original file is already bad i don't think audacity can help.

Any helps/suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks,

3 Replies 3

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
If the static was introduced during recording, you cannot do much about it other than re-record but if it has to do something with the sampling rate then yes you can alter that. Try a 8000 Hz sampling and save the file as U-law. Also, it could be something as small as having the audio channel set to mono vs stereo or vice-versa.
Audacity is capable of fixing this. Adobe Audition is a good tool as well.

Regarding the audio, you can try and increase it within the tool. It might add more noise/static if done too aggressively.

Hi Nipun Singh,
Thanks for the reply... However, the fact the audio is playing means the recording criteria are met. I just think mic was on low volume when the files were recorded.

Mic on low volume won't cause static. Either the sampling is messed up or the recording equipment had some bad cable causing it. Also, if the sampling is messed up I don't believe the audio won't play. It would but it won't be pleasant to hear. So just because the file is playing does not necessarily mean that the file is good.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: