Views
Helpful
Replies

voice translation profile / rule query

davieshuw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. Using CME and a BRI.

I have a number of DID's I want to use. I've set up our internal extension numbers with the last 3 digits of the available DID range we were given, which is probably good practice id imagine. I was using a dialplan pattern to route the calls coming in to extensions, but im not happy with this as its unreliable. I've been advised in another post to use voice translation rules, so ive stripped the following line out:

dialplan-pattern 1 447... extension-length 3 extension-pattern ...

OK. Ive now configure the following as a test to see if it will work for one DID number:

Voice translation-rule 1

Rule 1 /447512/ /512/

AND

Voice translation-profile INCOMINGDDI

translate calling 1

AND on my incoming dial peer:

dial-peer voice 57 pots

description **Answers All Incoming Calls**

incoming called-number .

translation-profile incoming INCOMINGDDI <---inserted line

direct-inward-dial

port 0/1/0

However, when I call my DID number nothing answers; I get Unallocated Number message back from the Telco. Any help would be appreciated :)

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

first of all, you can generalize the rule:

rule 1 /447/ //

this will strip the first digits when they are 447 as defined above.

Second, you must apply the translation rule directly under voice-port, instead of DP.

Third, if you have more than one BRI, i suggest you configure them in trunkgroup, and configure any translation in there, to not repeat unnecessarily configs and DPs.

hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

does not the call leg also be changed to outgoing?

Ajaz

does not the call leg also be changed to outgoing?

Ajaz

Ok, I have implimented rule 1 /447/ // and moved the translation rule to voice-port 0/1/0 (the only BRI interface im using) and I still get an unallocated number message back from the telco when I call my DID

Hi

in voice translation-profile configuration should be "tranlsate called 1" instead of "translate calling 1"

HTH

Regards

Wojtek

Thanks for the replies gentlemen, my incoming DDI range 447... is now being routed to my phone extensions numbered ...

Thanks again!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: