cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VoiceGateway:SRST mode -How to designate the IPPs which will be saved when SRST is on

May Simpson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are implementing Cisco VG for our client office. 

There are 50 IPPs over there and they bought FL-CME-SRST-25(Communication Manager Express or SRST - 25 seat license).

So when SRST mode is on, only 25 IPPs will be saved and other 25 will not.

In this case, how can we designate these 25 IPPs which will be saved? Is it configured on CUCM? Or voice gateway?

I googled the instructions on internet but nothing has appreared.

Thanks and regards,

Mayumi

9 Replies 9

Sreekanth Narayanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is it that you are trying to do? Do you want the configuration for those phones and DNs to be saved on the configuration of the router? You can do this using the srst provision command.

Router(config-telephony)#srst mode auto-provision ?
  all   SRST mode ON (include both learned DNs and phones into show running)
  dn    SRST mode ON (include only learned DNs into show running)
  none  SRST mode ON (include NONE of the learned DNs/ephones into show
        running)

However, you cannot control what will be saved unless you manually configure the ephones and ephone-dns of the phones that you want saved. Then use the regular srst provision none after that.

If you do not configure this manually, the CME as SRST will save whichever ephone reaches out to it on a first come first serve basis.

Thank you for your comment.

I want to specify which Ip phones will be saved when SRST mode is active.

Our client want to save ip phones for  VIP's Phone, customer service team and such.

Hi Mayumi,

In that case i would agree with Vivek's suggestion [+5], just remove any srst reference for 25 phones that you never want to be registering with srst.

Manish

Mayumi - There is no much configuration associated with it. Just have two device pools with similar settings except SRST reference. In one device pool, assign desired SRST reference and in other device pool, don't assign any SRST reference.

Now assign the device pool with SRST reference to those phones which want to use SRST. Assign second device pool with no SRST reference to remaining phones.

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mayumi,

There is no way to designate which IP phones will take precedence to register in srst mode in such a situation. idally you should get the required licenses to cope with this scenario.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Hi Manish-san,

So we cannot configure that? I thought I've heard that it's possible...

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Simple option could be to keep those 25 phones which needs SRST service in a device pool  having SRST reference. Keep other 25 phones which don't need SRST in a device pool with no SRST reference.

- Vivek

Hi Vivek,

The option sounds great.

Do you know some reference for this setting? If you could send me the link it would be highly appreciated.

Its basicaly a couple of places on cucm admin page.

System > SRST 

and

System > Device Pool > SRST Reference

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/98721/how-implement-cisco-unified-srst-and-mgcp-fallback#Cisco_Unified_SRST_Configuration_in_CUCM

Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: