Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail access issue

kamin-ganji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've deployed IP telephony for several site which is referring to single CUCM and Single CUC.

for each site I've got area code which has been defined in CUCM.

the problem is when thy acces the users their mailbox they reach the first match extension number.

for example I have tow users in defferent site with extension 106.  site A: 601106 which stripped at called party as 106 and Site B: 602106 which stripped at called part as 106.

so both have the same extension in CUC.

how can seperate this users in CUC to resolve this issue?                  

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The first question is what extension have you configured in unity for the users? You cant have two users with the same extension....You will have to use the full 6 digits to distinguish the users in unity connection...

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

View solution in original post

Your best opton is to create different voicemail profiles, eg

SITEAVM profiel

MASK: 601XXX

SITEB Profile

Mask:602XXX

Then assign the phones in each site to their corresponding profiles..so when calls go to vicemail from a SITE A phone the extension going to unity will be 601101

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Kamin,

You need to enable the following service parameter in CUCM

go to CUCM admin>service parameters>Select your publisher>

Serach for "Multiple Tenant MWI Modes"

The default is false...Set it to true and test again

9 Replies 9

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The first question is what extension have you configured in unity for the users? You cant have two users with the same extension....You will have to use the full 6 digits to distinguish the users in unity connection...

Actually I can import users to unity with (area code + extension) but the problem is after dialing the voicemail it forwards the actual extension to CUC.

Example: A user in CUC is imported as : Tbarabara  Ext: 601101 .

I call 601101 from 602101. 601101 doesn't answer and goes to voicemail but the actual extension which is 101 will be sent to CUC and it reaches the first match.

How can I modify 101 or append a area cod as a perfix to it before forwarding to CUC?

Your best opton is to create different voicemail profiles, eg

SITEAVM profiel

MASK: 601XXX

SITEB Profile

Mask:602XXX

Then assign the phones in each site to their corresponding profiles..so when calls go to vicemail from a SITE A phone the extension going to unity will be 601101

Thanks aokanlawon

It did realy help me.

Another issue after this configuration,

Actually now each user directs to her/his mailbox but the problem is, MWI is not working anty more.

The MWI on/off are in Voice CSS.

if I leave a message for user A: 606154 then user B: 154 MWI turns on.

Any idea?

Kamin,,

This is happening because when unity unitcy connection sends mwi, it will send it for extension 601XXX or 602XXX..but those extensions do not exist in CUCM..Hence you will need to do the ff:

1. Create a xlation pattern 601XXX and put it in a partition that the CSS of the voice mail ports can reach..Now assign a CSS to the xlation pattern that has access only to siteid 601 extensions..Configure the called party mask to XXX (the last 3 digits)

2. Create a xlation pattern 602XXX and put it in a partition that the CSS of the voice mail ports can reach..Now assign a CSS to the xlation pattern that has access only to siteid 602 extensions, Configure the called party mask to XXX (the last 3 digits)

Test again.

Aokanlawon,

Thanks for your reply,

I've created 601XXX and assigned it to a new partition and  added this partition to my Voicemail CSS which is for all my voicemail ports.In this xlation pattern I masked the called party to XXX.

I assigned a CSS to this Xlation pattern which is just include site 601 Partition.

I've tested the result but MWI still is not working.

Kamin,

You need to enable the following service parameter in CUCM

go to CUCM admin>service parameters>Select your publisher>

Serach for "Multiple Tenant MWI Modes"

The default is false...Set it to true and test again

Thanks. It worked.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: