cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

voicemail message notificacion on Unity express

jolivares14
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CCME with Cisco gateway 2821 and Unity express. all phones are Cisco IP Phone 7960. before the yhe voicemail message notificacion is Ok.

I have a problem with unity express, the problem is with the voicemail message notificacion, When a phone receives a message on voice mail the notification message is not shown on display of the IP phones.

Technical Tests:

- I did a reload to interface Integrated-Service-Engine1/0 on Cisco gateway 2821
- I ckeck on the phone, the option of mwi on and mwi off. I did mwi on, the notificacion message is displayed on the screen of the phone, but when I try to send a new voice message, the notification message in not displayed on the screen of the phones.

- I did reload to gateway 2821.

attached Log of unity express.

Any help would be useful.
TIA
Jose Olivares
Adexus S.A

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jrounkles
Level 1
Level 1

Do you had ephone-DNs created for the MWI extenstions? (i.e.)

ephone-dn  44
number 11099.....
mwi on
!
!
ephone-dn  45
number 11098.....
mwi off
!

In summary, always verify these items:

• A Cisco CallManager Express license is present. Issue the show software licenses command. With a Cisco CallManager license, everything works except MWI.

• MWI on and off numbers are configured in Cisco CallManager Express. The number of dots indicate the length of the extensions. Issue the show telephony-service ephone-dn command.

• In Cisco Unity Express, the MWI on and off numbers are configured in order to match the on and off numbers in Cisco CallManager Express without the dots. The show ccn application command shows this.

• Cisco Unity Express points to the correct Cisco CallManager Express server IP address. The show ccn subsystem sip command shows this.

• Make sure that mwi sip outcall is configured under the ccnsubsystem sip command.

Then, if all else fails, begin to troubleshoot with the issue of the trace ccn stacksip dbug command.

Message Waiting Indicators (MWIs) (Cisco Unified CallManager Express Only)

Symptom: After you upgrade to a new version of Cisco Unity Express, the MWIs do not light up even when messages are left in the mailboxes.

• Explanation—The upgrade procedure removed the IP address of the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) subsystem.

• Recommended Action—Reconfigure the SIP IP address to point to the Cisco Unified CME router.

found the above here:

http://www.ciscosystems.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_tech_note09186a008027fa9f.shtml#mwi_exp

HTH

Rounk

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jrounkles
Level 1
Level 1

Do you had ephone-DNs created for the MWI extenstions? (i.e.)

ephone-dn  44
number 11099.....
mwi on
!
!
ephone-dn  45
number 11098.....
mwi off
!

In summary, always verify these items:

• A Cisco CallManager Express license is present. Issue the show software licenses command. With a Cisco CallManager license, everything works except MWI.

• MWI on and off numbers are configured in Cisco CallManager Express. The number of dots indicate the length of the extensions. Issue the show telephony-service ephone-dn command.

• In Cisco Unity Express, the MWI on and off numbers are configured in order to match the on and off numbers in Cisco CallManager Express without the dots. The show ccn application command shows this.

• Cisco Unity Express points to the correct Cisco CallManager Express server IP address. The show ccn subsystem sip command shows this.

• Make sure that mwi sip outcall is configured under the ccnsubsystem sip command.

Then, if all else fails, begin to troubleshoot with the issue of the trace ccn stacksip dbug command.

Message Waiting Indicators (MWIs) (Cisco Unified CallManager Express Only)

Symptom: After you upgrade to a new version of Cisco Unity Express, the MWIs do not light up even when messages are left in the mailboxes.

• Explanation—The upgrade procedure removed the IP address of the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) subsystem.

• Recommended Action—Reconfigure the SIP IP address to point to the Cisco Unified CME router.

found the above here:

http://www.ciscosystems.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_tech_note09186a008027fa9f.shtml#mwi_exp

HTH

Rounk

Yes, I have created ephone-DNs

ephone-dn  25
number 8000...
mwi on
!
!
ephone-dn  26
number 8001...
mwi off

I di the troubleshooting Unity expres, but the problem continues

I check the configuration on CCME and unity express and it is Ok

Before, the voice mail message notification is worked, but there was a drop electrical on the CCME that cause message waiting indication