Views
Helpful
Replies

voicemail notification e-mails from BE3000 marked as junk by Outlook 2010

jeffrsonk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

We have a Business Edition 3000 system running version 8.6.4.10000-15. We're moving to Microsoft Office 2010 from 2003. Users who have moved to Office 2010 are reporting that Outlook is sending all of their voicemail notifications to Junk E-mail. Usually, I would have them tell Outlook to "never block sender." However, Outlook 2010 refuses to do so, because the SMTP address of the sender (unityconnection@ciscocm1) is not from a FQDN. Similarly, we cannot use Outlook rules to process the notifications.

I've gone through the web console for the BE3000, and I cannot find a place to alter the SMTP address from which the voicemail notifications are sent. I gather from Googling around that this is hardcoded in the BE3000, and not alterable. If this is the case, how can I work around this issue? I suppose I could just disable Junk E-mail in Outlook, but our users are reluctant to do so.

Thanks for your advice.

-j

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jefferson,

Yea, I just noticed that workaround needs to be done via root access so you will need to open a TAC case to have that changed.  This issue is being tracked by CSCub26360.

Thanks,

Brian Meade

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

brmeade
Level 4
Level 4

Jefferson,

You should be able to modify the SMTP sender address in BE3k.

Go to the CUC page ---system settings----SMTP configuraton-----Server

SMTP Server Configuration ----SMTP Domain---add the actual domain name here.

You will then need to reboot the BE3k for the changes to take affect.

Thanks,

Brian Meade

Hi Brian,

The web administrative interface for the BE3000 doesn't have "SMTP Configuration" under System Settings. It does have a "Voicemail Notification" section, but that only lets me configure the outgoing email server and a forwarding address for undelivered emails.

-j

Jefferson,

Yea, I just noticed that workaround needs to be done via root access so you will need to open a TAC case to have that changed.  This issue is being tracked by CSCub26360.

Thanks,

Brian Meade

Thanks, Brian! I'll contact TAC, then. Glad to hear they can modify that via root access. I was afraid it was truly hardcoded.

-j

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: