Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail Setting from Email to IP Phone

beaincorporated
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Where is the setting to change where your voicemails go to? Some people have their voicemails going to the Phone, their email or even both. Mine randomly changed from my phone to my email over night and I want it back to the way it was, but I do not know where the setting is to change this. I tried Cisco Unity and Call Manager. I even tried the physical phone itself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Anilla,

Thanks for the update.

So the unity says the mwi lamp is on - but it is not lit on the phone.

Does the VMAIL DN number from the subscriber page  = the IP phone DN

Can you dial the mwi-on number from the phone- does the lamp light ?

Dial the mwi-off number to turn it off.

Regards

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

Anilla

List out the MWI numbers as you did before vooicemail--> message waiting

Click on the MWI ON number, then in the CSS dropdown pick the CSS and save

Repeat for the MWI off

Then TEST

If still failing revert the CSS back to NONE on both the MWI numbers

Alex

View solution in original post

48 Replies 48

keithknowles
Level 1
Level 1

What voicemail system (Unity, Unity Connection, Untiy Express) and what version are you running?

Unity 7.0 Build 7.0(2).

I'm still on this issue if anyone has any ideas?

In your Unity 7 server integrated with your corporate Exchange or Domino, or is it installed in VMO mode with Exchange on-box?

Integrated with Exchange.

Anyone?

Anilla,

We're going to need more information from you to determine what the issue is.  With Unity, voicemails always go to email because it relies on either Exchange or Domino as a backend message storage.  From an end user perspective, "where" they see the message is largely dependent upon how it is integrated and associated with an email account.  You can have Unity setup in a voicemail only configuration.  It still uses Exchange for message storage; however, the user and email account it is associated with a voicemail account on the backend is not the same user/email account that a user knows about.  In this manner, voicemail is generally retrieved primarily from the phone so it is referred to as voicemail only.

You can also have Unity integrated with a corporate Exchange backend message store.  This is generally a Unified Messaging configuration because the end user/email account that is associated with voicemail is a user's standard user/email account.  In this manner, voicemail can be retrieved directly from the Outlook Inbox and/or the phone.

There are other ways to access voicemail in either configuration that may or may not involve the use of email from the end user perspective.  However, none of these things are settings that can randomly change or just happen on their own without some configuration.  So, if you can give a more detailed description of the issue then maybe we can help you out more.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Okay, so this is what is happening. The Vice President of the company put in a Help Desk that the MWI on his phone was not coming on when he got a voicemail. He has a Series 7940 Cisco IP Phone. After inspection, I noticed he had internal calls being forwarded to his cell phone, so those voicemails were being stored there, not a problem; he was okay with that. His problem is when external callers leave a voicemail, he has to login and check his mail or look at his Blackberry. He is in and out of the office a lot and would like to be able to walk by his desk, see whether the light is on or not and proceed from that point. I know the light not coming on is because he has voicemails going to his email and I just need that to go to his phone instead.

Thank you for your help thus far! It is much appreciated!

Anyone?

Anilla,

Try looking at the subscriber on the unity

Click on the MESSAGES setting in the left

What does the MWI extension setting have under the Extension number

By default it should just have an "X" this means it should light his own extension DN on his ip-phone

HTH

Alex

Alex,

There is an X there, Send Counts isn't checked, but it says the indicator lamps is on.

Thanks!

Anilla,

Thanks for the update.

So the unity says the mwi lamp is on - but it is not lit on the phone.

Does the VMAIL DN number from the subscriber page  = the IP phone DN

Can you dial the mwi-on number from the phone- does the lamp light ?

Dial the mwi-off number to turn it off.

Regards

Alex

Alex,

Not sure why it chose your answer as the right one, considering the issue is not yet resolved. None the less. the Voicemail DN is the same for both the Subscriber Page and the IP Phone. Not exactly sure what you meant at this point

"Can you dial the mwi-on number from the phone- does the lamp light ?

Dial the mwi-off number to turn it off."

I was unaware that this could be done, could you please elaborate?

Thank you

Anilla,

Sorry for the delay.

The MWI -ON & OFF numbers are part of the integration setup between CUCM & Unity.

From the UNITY Admin web page you should be able to look at :-

SYSTEM ---> INTEGRATION

Look at the page for your CUCM integration and you will see the MWI Numbers.

You should be able to dial these from your phones to test the lamps (LEDS)

HTH

Alex