cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail to multiple lineGroup numbers

Marco Villani
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I setup up a hunt group with multiple line group numbers in order to have calls routed top to down. my problem is that the customer wants to forward call busy and call no answer to a generic VM and have message notification to each user. how do i do that without adding another line on the phone?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

i will assume you have unity or unity connection

create a new VM subscriber called for example GenVM with Ext. 5000

in the VM setting go to the MWI notication setting and add the lines/DNs of the ip phones that need to be notified about VMs coming to this VM box

also make sure you put the hunt pilot number of your hunt list as an alternate extension in the above VM box under the alternate extension setting page of the above created VM in unity

under your hunt pilot setting set the the following fields to 5000:

Forward hunt no answer

forward hunt busy

make sure you select a CSS has access to the voice mail ports

Dont NOT check the check box under use personal preference becuase this will have differnt effect and will stop your setup above

good luck

if helpful Rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

i will assume you have unity or unity connection

create a new VM subscriber called for example GenVM with Ext. 5000

in the VM setting go to the MWI notication setting and add the lines/DNs of the ip phones that need to be notified about VMs coming to this VM box

also make sure you put the hunt pilot number of your hunt list as an alternate extension in the above VM box under the alternate extension setting page of the above created VM in unity

under your hunt pilot setting set the the following fields to 5000:

Forward hunt no answer

forward hunt busy

make sure you select a CSS has access to the voice mail ports

Dont NOT check the check box under use personal preference becuase this will have differnt effect and will stop your setup above

good luck

if helpful Rate

It Worked Just fine.

thank you very much.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Use personal preferences won't do anything as it only affects when you CF from a phone to a hunt pilot, it has nothing to do with direct calls to the hunt pilot.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

you right but to avoid confusion between the hunt the direct line

anyway the above solution if configured correctly will work as i did it for some customers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: