cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

voip dialpeer issue on Sccp phones(Disconnect cause=38)

netCisco86
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all

I have CME ver 14.1 on ISR4331 with UCS-E160S-M3/K9 having CUE version 10.1 (10.201.47.7).
Internal and PSTN FXO calls are working normally.

SCCP phones (7945) cannot dial 444[567} which is Auto-Attendant dial-in number in addition cannot dial 099.... (sip trunk).
Result is a fast busy tone with unknown number despite network connectivity to session target IP is success.

show dialplan number 4445 and sh dialplan number 0994321 is attached.

debug ccsip calls and debug voip ccapi inout attached for call to 4446 and to 0994145 which shows (Disconnect cause=38) and other info.
Dial peer settings and other settings are attached too.

Please help to resolve the issue.

Regards,

9 Replies 9

Scott Leport
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Do you have IP reachability towards with your Unity Express module?

Based on what you have provided, you don't have any IP routing configured toward the subnet your SIP trunk is on. You want to resolve that.

I am also unclear on what the purpose of this config is:

ip route 10.201.47.5 255.255.255.255 ucse1/0/0
ip route 10.201.47.6 255.255.255.255 ucse1/0/0
ip route 10.201.47.7 255.255.255.255 ucse1/0/0

You should only need one IP route here targetting your Unity Express module, which should be .7 according to your original post. 

If you could supply a full config file, with any sensitive info such as passwords removed and replacing any real IPs with fictional ones that would be helpful.

Hi Scot,

ofcourse there is ip reach ability and routes are there in show run file. Ping is there from CME to CUE and vice versa.

One thing is CUE has no Auto-attendant license, it is in evaluation mode and not registered. If this is the issue what about the other voip dial peer 099.... under dial-peer voice 99 voip.

Thanks again.

@netCisco86 wrote:

If this is the issue what about the other voip dial peer 099.... under dial-peer voice 99 voip.

As I said, you don't have an IP route configured towards 10.1.6.124. Not according to the config file you provided previously.

Thanks again,

It is 100% pinging, i tested , is there plz any other thing in the debug relates to dtmf relay maybe or other, as fast busy tone maybe caused by it..

regards,

Hi,

Addressing the SIP trunk dialling issue, voice translation-rule 4 is removing numbers beginning with 099 from the dialled number.

voice translation-rule 4
 rule 1 /^099/ //

This is applied to a voice translation-profile which is then applied to your dial-peer 99:

voice translation-profile QATAR
 translate calling 5
 translate called 4

dial-peer voice 99 voip
 translation-profile outgoing QATAR
 preference 1
 destination-pattern 099....
 session protocol sipv2
 session target ipv4:10.1.6.124
 dtmf-relay rtp-nte sip-notify
 codec g711alaw
 no vad

So any calls you make to 0994145, it will be translated as 4145. If this is not what you want, then I suggest you remove the translation-profile from dial-peer 99 and test calling over the SIP trunk again.

Other debugs which will help is debug ccsip messages

Try removing the translation-profile from dial-peer 99 first, but if you're still having issues after that, please post up debug ccsip messages, with the calls to your AA and then to your SIP trunk.

Hi Scott,

First of all i would like to thank your for all of your responses which i hope in solving the issue.

Regarding the translated to 4145, yes this is what i want. Unfortunately currently i don't have the debug ccsip messages, But at least we can solve why i cannot dial my CUE auto-attendant number (4446) which can be pinged (10.201.47.7) in both direction.

I have attached an updated settings, please take a look and update if possible.

Thanks again for your time.

Hi,

Thanks for supplying an updated configuration. 

Unless there is a good reason for the H.323 configuration applied to your Gi0/0/0 interface, can you remove it from the interface and test again?

If it's still not working, can you supply debug ccsip messages and debug voip ccapi inout and post as separate text files please?

Hi

Just to inform you that i did downgrade from cme 14.1 to 12.6 as the ip phones 7945,7931 not listed on the compatibility matrix of the CME 14.1 and it works directly with old settings.

Thanks for your time and support

What is your iOS versions ?

How  about. the  licenses for the router ? 

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: