Views
Helpful
Replies

VOIP for SMB

foued kh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

As a beginner in VOIP, i ask you please if you can guide me how to prepare a voip solution for an SMB office with 15 users. I mean, what I should choose (CUCM or CME, Type of router, which cards i have to add to the router) ?

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

15 users, forget about call manager, go call manager express.  15 users a single or double BRI would do, but look into using an ITSP.

cisco ISR 4321 is the cheapest one that will probably fit your requirement

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

I would suggest engaging with a cisco partner or your cisco account manager to help you design out a solution that will meet your needs.

if you want to research you can start by googling the data sheets for the 4300 4400 routers series and other routers that support cucme. There are also hosted and hybrid solution like spark and or on prem cloud configure be something k.

if I where you I would start by coming up with a list of requirements for your voice infrastructure or must have from a feature standpoint and then engage with a partner/ account manager.

things to think about?

what will my pstn  connectivity be, sip, h323, pots, pri

how many lines will each phone need?

do I need voicemail?

are there special greetings that need to play during certain situations?

THank you so much for advices

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

15 users, forget about call manager, go call manager express.  15 users a single or double BRI would do, but look into using an ITSP.

cisco ISR 4321 is the cheapest one that will probably fit your requirement

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

So helpfull, thank you !