Views
Helpful
Replies

VOIP network design

monsour2012
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

my name is monsour and i have CCVP certification but i have some difficulty in Designing part for voip network i know the important configuration i have read books and watched videos about R&S &Voice

here is an example of problems i am having.

A client want to have cisco ip phone in 3 branches connected togather each branch has 50 ip phone and 10 ip phones for outside dialing to pstn .the problem is what do i need to design it including the voip gateway model number ,the cards i need to install in the gateway (to allow for outside dialing not fxo ) and where i can install the CME in the same voip gateway or other knowing that the client will use VPN for connecting between branches .

please include the Voip gateway model number , connection type (maybe isdn,BRI,FXO T,E lines),and other router we may need .

also if there is any book or video  i can use to learn more and dig deep please let me know .

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dear Mansour,

As Jamie told you will not get an answer to your question like this. If you are a partner try reaching Cisco partner helpline where you just need to tell your requirement to pre sales team and they will assist you.

For now I can give a rough design. As you told that you have multi sites and each site with 50 users then go for Cisco BE6K and two 2921 routers with SRST licences.

Let us say that you have a HQ, BR1 & BR2

Then in HQ go with BE6K along with a voice gateway as per your requirement.
See you should do the sizing as per the BHCA.

Go with 2921 along with 50 STST licenses for branches.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Mate, please check the CCVP documentation on Multi site voip designs and clustering options or check the SRND.

Please do some research first and put some concrete questions after you have done that,  this forum is not intended to do your work for you.

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Thank you for the reply,

But i have searched in the documentations it is not mentioned which Gateway to use it's generally speacking i know the design generally but what i was asking for that i need the VOIP gateway specification like how many simualtaneous calls it can proceed and if it has the E,T line port and so on

Can you please give the book name or where to go.

Thanks

Your ID says you're a guest user, if you were a partner, you could reach pre-sales so they could build the BOM for you, I'd recommend you to engage a partner so they could quote the solution for you with all you need regarding PNs and what to buy. You're not going to find that in any book.

You should know what type of connection would work best based on your requirements and availbility in your area. Also, how many users and what you need.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Thank for replay,

Well i don't want to have an answer only i want to learn how to design the voip network so where to go forget about the scenario i mentioned i want guide lines like.

cisco gateway 3800 support no of concurrent calls (g.711) , it can support T1 line and can handle CME

like these information can help me to gain the knowleadge and develope my skills .

like what they say don't give me a fish teach me  how to fish.

Thank you

How many users/devices a platform can support is in the CME compatiblity matrix, CME is all up to the IOS and license, which modules you can use, you may use the DSP calc to also size requirements.

What you're looking is pretty much training for sales, so review here:

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/partner_with_cisco/channel_partner_program/resale/specializations/unified_communications.html#~express

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Dear Mansour,

As Jamie told you will not get an answer to your question like this. If you are a partner try reaching Cisco partner helpline where you just need to tell your requirement to pre sales team and they will assist you.

For now I can give a rough design. As you told that you have multi sites and each site with 50 users then go for Cisco BE6K and two 2921 routers with SRST licences.

Let us say that you have a HQ, BR1 & BR2

Then in HQ go with BE6K along with a voice gateway as per your requirement.
See you should do the sizing as per the BHCA.

Go with 2921 along with 50 STST licenses for branches.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

thank you dear sayed for the answer .

Please do you know what course can help me to be VOIP designer or books .

Regards