cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VoIP Routing. Need help

grinch182
Level 1
Level 1

hello there. Looking for advice to solve voip routing problem. I have 3 locations:
HQ office (A) and two branch offices (B and C). Each office has its own call pattern. A... for HQ B... and C... for branch officies respectively.

I dont know how to route calls from office B to A via voice-port 0/0/0:15 and from C to A via voice-port 0/0/1:15.

there is my POTS dial-peer configuration. for now I use only one voice-port for all incoming calls.

dial-peer voice 1000 pots
destination-pattern 1...
no digit-strip
direct-inward-dial
port 0/0/0:15
forward-digits all

I've attached scheme for better understanding.

Sincerely,
GRInch

15 Replies 15

vasank
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

what kind of link do you have in between gateways A & B and A&C..do u have call manager in this scenario?

It's E1 links between routers. no CM, digital PBX connected to PRI ports on routers.

nitsinha
Level 4
Level 4

Hi GRInch,

At site B router, you can configure the following to route calls to site A:-

dial-peer voice 2 pots

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial

destination-pattern 1...

no-digit-strip

This would serve the purpose of both inbound and outbound dial-peers when calls are made from site B to site A.

Try this and post the results. Do the same for site C to site A calls on site C router.

HTH

regards

Nitesh

PS:Pl rate helpful posts

Hello, Nitesh.

As I understand dial-peer vocie pots needed to route incoming calls to PBX. I think I need addtional configuration on site A to route incoming calls. Or on sites B and C but with dial-peer voice voip. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Sincerely,

GRinch

I thought you said that you had an E1 link between the gateways as well and not an IP link. dial-peer voice voip is used for routing calls over IP network.

On  both gateways A & B, you will need an inbound and outbound dial-peers. Do you have something like these in place on gateway A?

dial-peer voice 1 pots

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial

destination-pattern 1...

no-digit-strip

Can you see the calls hitting gateway B and gateway A in debug isdn q931 when calls are made from B to A?

regards

Nitesh

PS:Pl rate helpful posts

@Nitesh,

It's E1 link, but IP inside it, sorry for disinformation. Voice works perfectly the only problem is incoming calls from branch offices to HQ. I need separate calls from B and C sites to billing them correctly on my PBX. 

Cheers, GRinch

P.S. I'll rate helpful posts

If its an IP link, then on gateway B & C you should have a session target ipv4 command under the voip dial-peer poiting to gateway A's IP address. Hoping this to be configured, try checking whether the call hits the gateway A in debug voip ccapi inout. What do you hear when the call is made from B to A? What do you mean by "need separate calls from B and C sites"?

Nitesh

@Nitesh

Please read my first post attentively and look at attached file. I have two links between PBX and router on site A. I want route calls from site B via voice-port 0/0/0:15 and calls from site C via voice-port 0/0/1:15. For now all incoming calls goes through one voice-port.

Thanks,

GRinch

I guess the posts were not clear. Anyway i think you can try the following:-

Select an inbound dial-peer based on the calling number(from site B or C). Use answer address command in the voip dial peer. Now use translation profiles to change the called number based on whether the call is coming in from site B or C e.g. you can prefix another digit say 2 for calls from site B and 3 for those from site C. Then select the appropriate outbound pots dial-peer(destination-pattern 22... or 33...) consume the extra prefix digit(2 or 3) by forward digits 4 command and route the calls according to your need.

Try this and post the output here.

Hope this helps.

Nitesh

@Nitesh

This is a good advice. The only problem I need transit all incoming digits to PBX and addition digit shouldn't be there. Can I strip it on side A?

Hi,

Try the following on gateway A

voice translation-rule 1
  rule 1 /1.../ /2\0/

voice translation-rule 2

rule 2 /1.../ /3\0/

voice translation-profile test1
  translate called 1

voice translation-profile test2
  translate called 2

dial-peer voice 20 voip
translation-profile incoming test1
answer-address 2...

dial-peer voice 21 voip
  translation-profile incoming test2
  answer-address 3...

dial-peer voice 22 pots
  destination-pattern 21...
  port 0/0/0:23
  forward-digits 4

dial-peer voice 23 pots
  destination-pattern 31...
  port 0/0/1:23
  forward-digits 4

This will send all the 4 digits of the called no. to the PBX.

Hope that helps.

Nitesh

@Nitesh.

Thanks for advise I'll try config you provide.

Hi

According to the attached file, Connection between the Router A,B,C you have IP Connectivity,  and PBX to routers E1 connectivity

So you should be having a Incoming VOIP Dial-peer in the A router

dial-peer voice 20 voip

incoming called-number B...

session target ipv4:X.X.X.X (Ip address of B)

dial-peer voice 30 voip

incoming called-number C...
    session target ipv4:X.X.X.X (Ip address of C)

dijohn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here you go

Site A

dial-peer voice 1000 pots
destination-pattern 1...
no digit-strip
direct-inward-dial

incoming called-number .T
forward-digits all