Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VoIP Solution Assistance Needed

Hello All,

Please i need assistance in designing a solution for the below; 

I will be using 7821 phones and want to know whether if i use a 2911 router I will be able to do the below and this solution should be capable of allowing inter-branch communication. 

1. The head office has 25 users, 4 landlines and 2 GSM's
  2. Branch 1 has 5 users and 1 GSM line
  3. Branch 2 has 7 users and 1 landline and 1 GSM lines
  4. Branch 3 has 5 users and 1 GSM line
  5. Branch 4 has 4 users and 1 landline
  6. Branch 5 has 5 users and 1 GSM line
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Neither 7821 phone nor 2911 router is the Small Business Voice kind of product. Moved to more appropriate community.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Neither 7821 phone nor 2911 router is the Small Business Voice kind of product. Moved to more appropriate community.

Hello Duke,

What architecture will you propose for the above. 

For Small Business installations like your one I propose SIP architecture, e.g. SPA5xx or SPA3xx phone and cheap PC with clone of Asterisk software as PBX.

Landlines and GSM upstream connection mean higher costs regardless the architecture selected. You should consider SIP trunk to upstream instead.

Hello Duke,

But can you propose a solution for the above. For the GSM and land lines?

If you consider SIP architecture, a POTS and/or GSM gateway will be required. Unfortunately, Cisco abandoned SPA3102 (POTS<->SIP ATA) with no acceptable replacement. Fortunately, there are other vendors selling those ATAs - like GrandStream or BeroBox.

There are some ready-to-use SIP based boxes available, but from other vendors, so CSC is not suitable for further discussion about it.

There are non-SMB solutions from Cisco for you, but they are rather expensive for your topology. Other experts will provide advice to you as I'm no expert on it. It's why I moved your question here - there are experts on the matter.

Unfortunately, you marked thread answered - despite of it I wish someone else will respond you.

Thank Duke.

I will go in for the topology which is not for small business

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: