Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

VPN client for Jabber IP Phone for Android & iPhone

I   have Samsung Galaxy SII and IPhone and I Installed Jabber client on   both of them to register with the CUCME but I'd like to connect it   remotely by VPN to access the CUCME .

Which VPN client Should I use on Galaxy SII and Iphone .

Is there any built-in VPN in Jabber Client ?

what about the config on CUCME for the VPN connection ?

3 REPLIES 3
Collaborator

Re: VPN client for Jabber IP Phone for Android & iPhone

Hello Ievalley,

Follow the VPN Clients supported on IPhone and Android:

IPhone:

Requirements for VPN On Demand

In order for Cisco Jabber to launch VPN automatically when needed,  the iPhone must be set up for certificate-based IPsec authentication for  VPN on-demand access. The iPhone must be able to access the corporate  network, servers, and telephony endpoints using VPN, such as AnyConnect.

Requirements for Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client

For the Cisco AnyConnect VPN solution, the following are required:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/iPhone/8.6/b_jabber_iphone_release_notes.html#topic_5B2BEEF5999A437E949835A8445D4421

Android:

Introduction

Cisco Jabber 9.0(1) for Android provides Android users with Enterprise voice over IP (VoIP) calling, visual voicemail, and access to the corporate directory.

Cisco Jabber works in conjunction with Cisco Unified Communications Manager to extend Cisco enterprise communications applications and services to Android devices. To use Cisco Jabber for Android, the Android device must be  connected to the corporate network either directly or over VPN.

To enable users to connect to your corporate Wi-Fi network from a  remote location, you must set up your system to support VPN. Cisco  supports Cisco Jabber for Android with Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility  Client. Although other VPN clients are not officially supported, you may  be able to use Cisco Jabber for Android with other third-party clients.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Android/9_0/JABA_BK_RFA85717_00_release-notes-for-jabber-android.html

There is no VPN built in Jabber Client.

Rate this if helps!

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Beginner

I need a free VPN client on the Andriod and Iphone and Can i configure the router as VPN server for them ?

Beginner

the iphone has a default client vpn (ipsec), the router works as vpn server (remote access vpn)

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards