Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN phone with incorrect time display in CM 9.1

branfarm1
Level 4
Level 4

Hi there,

I have CM 9.1 and I've been setting up VPN phones using the SSL VPN client.  The phones are working fine, but when I take the phone off the corporate network, the time display reverts to UTC, instead of the correct local timezone.

When I examine the config for the phone, it shows the correct time zone information:

<dateTimeSetting  uuid="{9ec4850a-7748-11d3-bdf0-00108302ead1}">

<name>DTG-MST</name>

<dateTemplate>M/D/YA</dateTemplate>

<timeZone></timeZone>

<olsonTimeZone>MST7MDT</olsonTimeZone>

</dateTimeSetting>

Any ideas why the phone reverts to UTC when taken off the corporate network?

Regards,

Brandon

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is this SIP or SCCP phone?

What do you see when you browse the IP address of the phone?

Are you using device mobility by any chance and would phone be in roaming DP for example?

Chris

Thanks for the reply.   It's a SCCP phone, no mobility is configured. It's in the same DP as the rest of the phones.    Can you clarify what you mean in regards to browsing the IP of the phone?

In a web browser enter the IP address of the phone and see what time shows there.

Chris

Ah -- so you mean exactly what you mean   I tried browsing to the address before my last reply but it didn't return anything, so I figured there must be something else.   The phones that are on the network don't return anything either, though.  What should I see?

Change the "Web access" setting on the phone, reset it and you should be able to to browse the web service of the phone. Just wanted to see what time shows up on it, time-zone, etc.

Chris

I enabled web-access and browsed to the device, and it shows the correct time zone as specified in the DP.

I face the same issue while the TFTP is set on the Anyconnect VPN phone and the phone is registered:

On the CUCM CLL (OS Administration):
Current timezone: Eastern European Summer Time (Europe/Athens)
Timezone version: 2015g

admin:show date
Fri Jul 28 15:34:28 EEST 2017

However at the GUI

Host Name CUCMPub
Date Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:35:26
Time Zone Europe/Athens

And at a Remote Anyconnected Phone I see the following UTC time

Time 5:36:50am
Time zone America/Los_Angeles

Actually, I took the VPN phone off the network, and now when I browse to the phone it doesn't list a timezone, even though it had one when I was browsing it while on the network.

We found the issue.

The ASA address pool was not giving out TFTP addresses, so the phones did not have TFTP server information.  Once we manually set the TFTP server information on the phones, the clock changed to the correct time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: