Views
Helpful
Replies

Wallpaper on IPPhone 9971

Hes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I've followed the instructions from the administrator guides for the 9971 phone and CUCM 8.6 but I still cannot select my freshly created wallpaper on the 9971 phone.

The message "Unable to obtain additional wallpapers from server" appears.

Could not find anything in the documentation why this is happening, only that perhaps some rights are not set correct but it's not stated how to check them.

Do you happen to know what could be missing here?

18 Replies 18

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

What exactly is happening when you select Preferences->Wallpaper ? Is it then that your getting this error ?

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Hi, this is indeed happing when I select Preferences->Wallpaper.

In which case, I'm guessing your List.xml file is invalid in some way. Start by double checking it for errors. Did you add to the existing file, or write your own from scratch ? If you ammended, try taking out your changes and see if that then works.

NOTE: You may have to restart the TFTP process every time you change the List.xml file.

If you still don't get anywhere, post your file here, and we'll take a look.

GTG

I deleted and reuploaded the files and also restarted the TFTP service but this didn't work.

The filenames are VC_640x480x24_Thumb.png and VC_640x480x24.png

The directory is Desktops/640x480x24/

The List.xml file is as follows:

Any clue?

Hmm.

You can either try a Wireshark on the phone or looking at the logs on the phone.

You can also try using a TFTP client from your machine to try and download the List.xml and .png files manually.

You are 100% sure you're looking at the right TFTP server , aren't you ?

GTG

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rachid,

Can you try it this way;

Where we have changed;

TN-VC_640x480x24_Thumb.png" URL="TFTP:Desktops/640x480x24/VC_640x480x24.png"/>

</CiscoIPPhoneImageList>

Cheers!

Rob

NOOO!!! You'll need that slash in the closing tag, Rob !

GTG

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Gordon,

Yes...my bad!! +5 my friend

But I will stick with the (TN-) portion

Cheers!

Rob

I've tried your suggestions but it's not working.

I tried an 7975 and this does work.

The only difference between the 9971 and the 7975 is the path and the filenames so it seems that there is something with the phone config or something.

I've factory reset it and reset/reboot and all but this didn't help.

Were should I look for the logs?

I tried an 7975 and this does work.

The only difference between the 9971 and the 7975 is the path and the filenames so it seems that there is something with the phone config or something.

Er, if the path is different, then the image parameters will be different too....

GTG

Were should I look for the logs?

Point your web browser at the phone's IP address (Assuming you've enabled the web server for the phone)

GTG

I had to install a instance of CUCM for different purposes and here the wallpaper works!

Is it possible to export the complete CUCM configuration to a textfile so I can compare configs?

Hi

The config is the XML file, and the image files - no more no less.

The other variant may be the firmware version on the handset as downloaded from this new cluster; have you compared that?

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

As already suggested look at the phone logs by browsing to phone's IP address --> Device Logs --> Console Logs, they provide a lot of details for this type of issues, and I've used it on several occasions to troubleshoot background images. Interestingly my last install with 9971 was giving me hard time and it only started to work after I renamed the file, the log kept complaining about file size being too large, go figure.

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: