Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Want Line 1 active...always

Hello

I have a little "issue" that i try to resolve.

We have 8851 IP Phones with two Lines. The first one is the personal one and the second is
the Team Number.

Situation: The User receives calls on both lines. He can just answer the call by liftig up the handset.

Problem: The phone will stay on that line which the user answered the latest call.

Goal: Doesn't matter on which line the call was answered, the Phone should switch back to his
personal line so in case he like to call somebody, the phone is using the personal line.

I already played with the service parameter "Use always primary line" but with this feature, if a call
arrives on the Team Number, the User need to select the line and then he has to push the Answer button.

Does anybody has an idea how to resolve this or has a kind of workaround?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Pascal

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Vishal Bhardwaj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Pascal,

If i am not wrong then user has to select the line every time to make that line active either to recieve or make the call. There is no feature or functionality to change it automatically to another line.

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Pascal,

I was about to suggest and in hurry but when i saw you have tried the method "use Primary line".

Please look over this thread.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11737896/9971-uses-second-line-outbound-calls

Br,

nadeem

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Vishal Bhardwaj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Pascal,

If i am not wrong then user has to select the line every time to make that line active either to recieve or make the call. There is no feature or functionality to change it automatically to another line.

Hope that helps

Yes, that is was I found out but I'm wondering if I'm the only one who wants to have this and Cisco doesn't have a solution for that.

It would be nice to have this automatically :-)

Thank you for your answer.

Pascal

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Pascal,

I was about to suggest and in hurry but when i saw you have tried the method "use Primary line".

Please look over this thread.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11737896/9971-uses-second-line-outbound-calls

Br,

nadeem

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.