Views
Helpful
Replies

Want to make a PSTN call after pressing #

khanfawaz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Our customer has a CUCM in HO and has PSTN provided pbx system in other two BO. So to make a call from HO to any BO, one has to dial 9#52XXXX. 9 - to get the PSTN acces, #5 to get BO pbx system, 2XXXX - may be the DN. These calls are PSTN calls and not VoIP. The dial pattern is 9#52XXXX. So will the CUCM allow me to dial this pattern or not? If it allows what how I will have to configure it?     

Thank You.

Fawaz Khan    

2 Replies 2

Hi Fawaz

Why do you need the # sign? Can't you just create a route pattern 95.2XXXX and use PreDot to strip 95 before forwarding the call to the gateway?

Placing the # sign in a route pattern will trigger the interdigit timeout, so only the digit 9 will be forwarded to the gateway.

Rgds

Thijs

Hi Thijs,

Thanks for the reply.

To get the acces of BO PBX system, its mandatory to dial #5. So I cannot omit the #. The caller has to dial 9#52XXXX to reach the destination.

Yes I know the # symbol terminates the interdigit time. I was checking whether any work around solution is available for this type of number pattern.

Thank You.

Fawaz

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: