cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Warm/Attended Transfer or Conference using Cisco 7940 phone

jeff.friend
Level 1
Level 1
I am the  IT Manager for a call center that handles a lot of  sensitive  issues.(Suicide and depression issues)  We use the Cisco UC560  with  Cisco 7940 phones.  We need to be able to get a third party on the  line  and then disconnect while leaving the caller and third party   connected.(Warm Transfer) Is this possible?  The only "Warm Transfer"   that I am aware of is the following:

Transferring A Call -  (Warm  Transfer)
- press the 'more' softkey
- press the Trnsfer  softkey  (the caller is placed on hold)
- dial the extension you wish  to  transfer the call to
- wait for an answer and annouce the call
-   press the Trnsfer softkey to transfer the call

This method   requires placing the caller on hold in order to contact the third  party.   This can not happen when dealing with such sensitive issues. Is  there a  way to get another person on the line without placing them on  hold?

Thanks,

-Jeff

5 Replies 5

jeff.friend
Level 1
Level 1

I guess this must be more difficult than I expected.  If it isn't  possible to do a true attended transfer.(Caller never gets placed on  hold).  Is there a way to do a conference call without placing the  caller on hold.  The primary goal is to get the possibly suicidal caller  from one operator to another without ever placing them on hold.  It  would be preferred to have the first operator to be able to drop off the  line after introductions are made but if need be it would be acceptable  to have both operators on the call the entire time.

-Jeff

The only thing I can think of would be Barge, doing a regular conference does the same as a transfer.

But they would need to use shared lines for this.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Thanks for the post. I really appreciate the help.  I don't think that will work though since the third party is outside of our organization.  Do you have any other ideas?  Or do you know of how I can setup barge so I can call out?

Thanks again.

-Jeff

Barge doesn´t care where the caller is. It can be a PSTN call or a call from a co-worker.

The Barge feature enables phone users who share a directory number to join an active call on the shared line by pressing a soft key. When the initiator barges into a call, a conference is created between the barge initiator, the target party, and the other party connected in the call. Parties see the call information on their phones and, if the conference join tone is configured, hear a tone.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

eperez
Level 1
Level 1

Jeff,

I was searching the Cisco Support Community site and found this posting. We have a similar situation.

Have you found a solution?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Ed Perez

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: