cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Warning before installing Canadian Duel Prompt COP file for Unity Connection 8.X

mkline314
Level 1
Level 1

I just wanted to give the community a heads up regarding the "

Prompts for English as Primary language: ciscocm.cuc-enbilingualv01.cop.sgn" file.

This is not a language pack and cannot be uninstalled from Unity Connection after being installed.

This COP file instead re-writes the US-EN system prompts with the English/French bilingual prompts.

The only way to reverse this, is to either do a fresh re-install or upgrade.

Cisco is currently working on a way to resolve this, but don't know when it will be released.

Again, DO NOT INSTALL THIS COP FILE.   Unless you really do want to mess up the US English prompts to be dual English/French prompts.

Following bug applies to this:  CSCty87052

5 Replies 5

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Thanks for sharing. The only possible workaround would be to upgrade or reinstall the server as the  English prompts can be reinstalled only during those 2 ways. Seems the bug will be fixed in 9.X version.

Regards,

Tere.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Thanks for Sharing

Let me give some temporary workarounds to overcome this French only French First demand.

Situation whatever you do system prompts are Canadian Bilingual “English and French”, after user’s Voicemail greeting

If you are on Unity Connection 8.6.2 and already on latest and greatest version and have strong demand to have French only for number of users.

Download Canadian French COP file and install on system.

To enable this option for an individual user or a template, select the Language Callers Hear: 3rd Option and Dropdown French (Canadian) and Select From Caller setting on the Edit Message Settings page.

Example:- Unity Connection USER--->Edit--->Message Settings--->Language That Callers Hear--->option Bubble 3 -> drop select “French(Canadian)”

Good luck

Regards

Rathan

Is the Canadian French prompts supported on CUC 8.5.1 (SU1)?

Customer is US based but has a few small sites in Quebec, Canada and asked about bilingual voicemail prompts due to legislation.  I can not find any documentation on the COP file however we want to keep the current US English as the default, and only enable the dual prompts for the French users.  Would I need to install this French COP file as well as the French/Canadian language pack?

Thanks

Hi,

You'll need to upgrade to Unity Connection 8.5.1.14900-5 (SU4). You can get it from:

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283655825&flowid=31847&softwareid=282074295&release=8.5%25281%2529SU4&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

And download the locales from:

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283655825&flowid=31847&softwareid=282074314&release=8.5.1%28SU4%29&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Regards, 

Tere. 

If you find this post helpful, please rate!

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

If we want French Canadian prompts ONLY for one site, and want the remaining sites on this cluster to remain in US English, will upgrading to SU4 and installing the french canadian locals and french canadian COP file work?  Or do we have to install this on a seperate server.   Is there any documentation available for this specific install, as I can not locate it.

We currently have thousands of users on the connection cluster we want to add this French site to, need to ensure we are not impacting the existing US English users.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: