Weird case at CUCM

requiem1114
Level 1
Level 1

Here is the situation:

For example:

IP Phone extension: 1001 (Peter)

IP Phone extension: 1999 (John)

When someone outside call our DID 1001, but caller ID shows 1999 at the IP Phone (1001).  Don't ask me why, the PSTN send us 1999 when that particular company call us.

Now, if 1001 did not pick up the call, it will go to the Unity Connection.  Well, everything is fine right??

Actually not, the user with extension 1001 see the Voice Mail, but it shows that John (1999) left him a VM.

Is there anyway to manipulate the incoming 1999 translate to something like 212 234 1999???  I can create different partition or CSS, but I don't think CUCM can manipluate incoming call from PSTN (Voice Gateway), correct me if I am wrong.

Second, since our gateway is H.323, I can do it at gateway level with voice translation rule.  But like I say, I want to use CUCM feature to fix the problem if possible.

Ken

1 Reply 1

Stephen Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ken,

CUCM does not use the calling party for call routing decisions thus it is not possible on inbound calls from one particular number to manipulate the ANI information.  You will need to do this on the H.323 gateway using a translation rule.

Thanks,

Steve