cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What are the main Differences between Cisco CallManagerExpress and full blown Cisco Unified CallManager

mshammans
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to decide which to deploy to a site that has a little over 100 users and they use a lot of features with their current phone system setup. For example, one setup is ring once to 'x' user and if they dont answer forward the call to 'y' group of users and if they dont answer, go to 'user x' voicemail. Does CME support those kind of configurations?

Also i have a CUCM environment at one site... Can CME Integrate with that or is it more of a standalone?

Thanks for any input.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, both CUCM and CME can do pretty much any call coverage you desire.  The main difference beside features which you can look up on data sheets are the system architecture (server based vs. router), capacity, deployment model (centralized vs. distributed), redundancy, some 3rd party system integrations, etc.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

Not sure if this is still supported, but this is the only option I've heard for CME:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps7046/ps7274/data_sheet_c78-675112.html

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, both CUCM and CME can do pretty much any call coverage you desire.  The main difference beside features which you can look up on data sheets are the system architecture (server based vs. router), capacity, deployment model (centralized vs. distributed), redundancy, some 3rd party system integrations, etc.

HTH,

Chris

Gotcha. How about Attendant Console or something like it? is there a solution best fit for a receptionist using the CME? maybe just a sidecar or something?

Not sure if this is still supported, but this is the only option I've heard for CME:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps7046/ps7274/data_sheet_c78-675112.html

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: