cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What feature licenses are needed for CUBE / SBC functionality

ncowger
Level 1
Level 1

I've used 2800 and 2900 with CUBE in the past.

I'm trying to verify if we are just providing CUBE for SIP trunk termination with a carrier, do we just need to purchase voice license for the router (in addition to the CUBE-T for sessions)?  In the past I remember some CUBE features needed the security license on the router for the 2900 series. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You need UC license for ISR routers to support VOIP & IP Telephony functionality and CUBE-T licenses for SIP Trunk sessions. Security license is needed if you want to Configure SIP TLS between CUCM-CUBE/CUBE-SBC.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I believe the following link will provide useful information for your needs:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unified-border-element/data-sheet-c78-729692.html#CUBELicensingModels

G

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You need UC license for ISR routers to support VOIP & IP Telephony functionality and CUBE-T licenses for SIP Trunk sessions. Security license is needed if you want to Configure SIP TLS between CUCM-CUBE/CUBE-SBC.

Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Thanks. Anywhere that you know of where there is a feature comparison for router license types for CUBE specifically?

Hi,

To know which features are available in which license, you will have to go through Cisco Feature Navigator Tool. Once you open this tool:

1. Select Research Software option
  2. Select Software Type: IOS XE (or select depending on what you have)
  3. Search by: Platform (You can choose any criteria)
  4. Select Platform
  5. Select Major Release
  6. Select Release
  7. Select Feature Set/License

You will see list of features supported in the license and IOS release. From this page, you can compare different images, filter features or download the feature list in excel format. Here are the screenshots for your reference:

Screenshot-1.pngScreenshot-2.png

Thanks, Vaijanath S.

I understand the feature navigator, but it’s not as helpful for pre-sales designs when we don’t know what features we will ultimately need once the engineers are working through configs with the carrier.

How often are you doing just a Voice bundle vs. VSEC for your SIP trunking over the internet?

Hi,

This white paper is still applicable for newer versions which shows the features available in each license.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/cloud-systems-management/software-activation-on-integrated-services-routers-isr/white_paper_c11_556985.html 

Most of the time I provide V/K9 router models as VSEC/K9 router models are not cheaper. If customer specifically asks for security features then I provide VSEC/K9 router models. 

Thanks, Vaijanath S.

OK, that’s what we are doing too. Thanks for the confirm. This helps!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: