cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What happen if I enable "Use Fully Qualified Domain Name in SIP Requests" ???

csedlmeier
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all.

We are planning to enable URI dialing and I found following information in Support Forum:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/configuring-directory-uri-dialing-for-cisco-jabber-step-by-step/ta-p/3159791

There is a taks when I have to enable  "Use Fully Qualified Domain Name in SIP Requests" 

What does this exactly mean ? Do I have to reset something or restart ? Could I get trouble or do the system just add FQDN to SIP Messages ?

Thanks in advanced.

Christian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Personally, I dont believe so. Try it without it and see what the behavior is.

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This feature enables CUCM to send an alphanumeric hostname of the calling party through to the called endpoint as a part of the SIP header information. This enables the called endpoint to return the call using the received or missed call list. If the call is originated from a phone and is being routed on a SIP trunk then the configured Organizational Top-Level Domain (e.g., bell.ca.com) will be used in the Identity headers, such as From, Remote-Party-ID, and P-Asserted-ID.

For example, in this cluster the OTLD is set to bell.ca.com. The SIP request from a phone on this cluster will look like this.

INVITE sip:+442000003154@10.172.211.52:5060 SIP/2.0
From: "Denva Brooks" <sip:+44299212303@bell.ca.com>;tag=10798617~76174c53-
---
P-Asserted-Identity: "Denva Brooks" <sip:+44299212303@bell.ca.com>
Remote-Party-ID: "Denva Brooks" <sip:+44299212303@bell.ca.com>;party=calling;screen=yes;privacy=off

NB: That the From, PAI and RPID headers all have alphanumeric values and the host portion of these headers is the value set in the OTLD.

Thanks for answer.

Is it a must to enable "Use Fully Qualified Domain Name in SIP Requests" for URI dialing ?

Personally, I dont believe so. Try it without it and see what the behavior is.

Ok thanks. I will try on weekend on my change window. I will enable the sync E-Mail to URI of enduser and in Jabber it is already enable.

I will keep this post updated...

Any update?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: