Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

what is the difference of CUBE and SBC

Dear all

Could you please describe the the difference of CUBE and SBC?

Thanks

9 Replies 9

Borgenstrand
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE) is a session border controller for enterprises.  Service providers also use session border controllers in their networks but the requirements carriers are much different than for enterprises. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/unified-communications/unified-border-element/index.html

Hi Friend

Thanks alot for your response,

Do you know does SBC need license on ASR1000 or not? Have you ever before implement SBC ?

I have configured on ASR but it doesn't work.:((

May i send you the configuration file and the topology to check it?

Regards

Hi, sorry, I do not know that much about it. I have never implemented it myself, I have just read a little.

Maybe someone else can help if you upload the config and topology here?

you can find the topology and configuration of SBC in attachment. 

The username and password of SIP user are stored in Soft-switch DB. In the scenario user don't know about the IP address of Soft-switch, it sends its request to SBC and then SBC should relay the signalling to Soft-switch and after signalling established, the media goes through SBC not Soft-switch.

now i captured the packet on both interfaces of SBC, the request comes from user into SBC, but SBC doesn't send anything to soft-switch, (and because there is no user/pass on SBC for authentication, user cannot register)

I have activate the RTU license on ASR, (as you can see in the configuration file)

Would you please check the configuration file and let me know what is the issue?

In some sample configuration of Cisco, there is "interface SBC" and the signalling address of adjacencies, is the IP address of Interface sbc, i don't know what is this interface? does it need? what should be the Ip address of that interface?

If you are deploying Cisco router as SBC such as ASR1000 you need Cisco CUBE RTU licenses, which are paper licenses.

What is not working for you and what are you doing with it? Describe your topology please.

you can find the topology and configuration of SBC in attachment. 

The username and password of SIP user are stored in Soft-switch DB. In the scenario user don't know about the IP address of Soft-switch, it sends its request to SBC and then SBC should relay the signalling to Soft-switch and after signalling established, the media goes through SBC not Soft-switch.

now i captured the packet on both interfaces of SBC, the request comes from user into SBC, but SBC doesn't send anything to soft-switch, (and because there is no user/pass on SBC for authentication, user cannot register)

I have activate the RTU license on ASR, (as you can see in the configuration file)

Would you please check the configuration file and let me know what is the issue?

In some sample configuration of Cisco, there is "interface SBC" and the signalling address of adjacencies, is the IP address of Interface sbc, i don't knwo what is this interface? does it need? what should be the Ip address of that interface?

Regards

Hi Chris

Did you receive my topology and configuration? Could you please help me?

Regards

adeebtaqui
Level 4
Level 4

Which ASR1000 router are u using for SBC?

I am using ASR1002x.

Do you have the same issue?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: