cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the expected behavior of CCM 7.x Mobile Voice Access?

pchoi
Level 1
Level 1

It seems to me that MVA was meant to work in conjunction with Mobile Connect (SNR) so it seems logical to have every call's ANI to the MVA access number have an access code prefixed on the end of it so when one uses Mobile Connect the Redirecting CSS can reach that number without having to configure a specific route list/pattern for the Remote Destination. 

e.g. with the MVA access code being 7500 and the Remote Destination number being 5557444... 

voice translation-rule 1 rule 1 // /9&/ 

voice translation-profile mva

translate calling 1 

application

service mva <mva URL>

dial-peer voice 1000 pots

incoming called-number 7500

service mva

translation-profile incoming mva 

If this is done, calls to the same branch office from 5557444 do not appear to be from the Enterprise DN (say 7401 in this case) but from the regular PSTN mobile number of 5557444. Are Remote Destinations supposed to be configured as the phone number without access code thereby having other phones display "Call from 7401" when other Enterprise DNs are called using 5557444 or with an access code? ANI using MVA outbound is clearly supposed to show External Phone Number Mask + 7401 but calls NOT using MVA into the enterprise using a configured Remote Destination's behavior is not so clear...supposed to display the true Remote Destination number or the Enterprise DN associated with this Remote Destination Profile? 

Which is it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you make a call from a remote destination number, for example a cell phone, to any other extension in the same CUCM cluster it will show the enterprise number that is associated with the remote destination.

For example like this,

Enterprise DN with RDP/RD: 4455

DID: 0406574455

RD: 07089675634

Other enterprise DN: 4466

DID: 0406574466

Calls from 07089675634, that is setup as a RD, to any other enterprise DID, in my example 0406574466, should show as being from 4455. Aka as a call from the enterprise DN that the RD is associated to.

Please rate useful posts.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you reviewed CUCM Features and Services guide, this is pretty well described there.

Chris

If you make a call from a remote destination number, for example a cell phone, to any other extension in the same CUCM cluster it will show the enterprise number that is associated with the remote destination.

For example like this,

Enterprise DN with RDP/RD: 4455

DID: 0406574455

RD: 07089675634

Other enterprise DN: 4466

DID: 0406574466

Calls from 07089675634, that is setup as a RD, to any other enterprise DID, in my example 0406574466, should show as being from 4455. Aka as a call from the enterprise DN that the RD is associated to.

Please rate useful posts.

Response Signature

>>If you make a call from a remote destination number, for example a cell  phone, to any other extension in the same CUCM cluster it will show the  enterprise number that is associated with the remote destination.

Not nessessarly, as it depends on "Matching Caller ID for Remote Destination" service parameter.

Chris

Thanks much for the reply.

I read the FSGD over and over without a 100% clear idea of what the expected outcome is. After reading your answer, it sounds like a ToN:Subscriber NANPA number 5557444 needs to be translated into a full 10/11 digit NANPA or +E.164 number (e.g. 5055557444) and configured as such as a Remote Destination so that incoming calls from this number will match and hence display on the phone as the Enterprise DN instead of the Remote Destination number as would be the case if I left the number at just seven-digit NANPA-format.

This should ensure no matter the ingress gateway on a multisite, multi-area code deployment, users will only need to enter their PIN instead of the full Remote Destination number.

Cheers

"Not nessessarly, as it depends on "Matching Caller ID for Remote Destination" service parameter."

Not sure if I get the right SP, but if it's the one that dictates what CSS to search for RDs then that would depend on two things, first what setting that SP is set to and secondly the selected PTs in the CSS(s) that are used depending on SP setting in the first case.

There is also the SP setting for complete or partial match that come in to play for when a RD would be matched.

Response Signature