cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What software do you need to configure an AT-187?

ehartzell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I'm trying to change the configurable tones in my AT 187 from busy signal to dial tone. How do I do this? I can access the 187 thru the voice prompts, but no where on line can I find info as to what software is needed to go in and reconfigure the thing with SIP. The best I can find is a reference to the Cisco Unified Comm Manager. Help!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The place to start would be under Device > Phone > Add New. The problem is that there are dozens of settings. You could try stare-and-comapre against other phones in your office. At a minimum the Device Pool, Calling Search Space, and Location should match others in your office. Once the device exists then you add an extension from the Line [1] - Add a DN link on the left. Again there are dozens of settings. Stare and compare with your phone or other ATA187 devices.

Walking through the settings and what the appropriate values are for your particular installation would require a far more interactive medium than the free forums provide. You may want to reach out to a Cisco partner and see if you they will offer you additional assistance. Alternatively, there are classes available from Cisco Learning Partners.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The ATA187 is a slave endpoint intended to be registered to CUCM or CCME. It is not an independant SIP analog gateway such as the VT202/204/224 that has a full IOS implementation where you can issue commands. Without CUCM/CCME it won't work.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Ok...Thank you....that was what I thought. From what I can gather on-line it seems that it is possible to download the correct CUCM software and configure it locally. I'm in a bit of a corporate mess as only a small group now works on solving these VOIP issues and will not let us fix them anymore....and they will not fix them either. So we are looking for a solution for 3 or 4 ATA187's. They can take care of the the bigger issues. Any suggestions on the correct CUCM...?

None of the ISO images on CCO for CUCM (or any other voice software) are bootable. Even if they were CUCM is a not "plug and play" application; it requires extensive configuration after install to function. You would need a knowledable engineer to design and build that out.

If you want to bypass corporate telecom you won't be able to do it with an ATA187, or any other Cisco endpoint for that matter. They all assume you have access to the head-end infrastructure. Sorry.

Very good.....I have been able to get with our IT supervisor who can access the CUCM. However after going thru the process can not locate where this configureable SIP service is. Any idea on what we need to look for to make this change? The way it is mapped out does not seem easily logical, so the question becomes is this section in a different location that is not intuitive? I have been told that when this system was installed that no one got any training on changing these types of things....which answers the questions as to why the folks in charge can't help us. It was simply installed and keys handed to us...well another branch of our company. Now they are starting to admit they are in over their heads.

The place to start would be under Device > Phone > Add New. The problem is that there are dozens of settings. You could try stare-and-comapre against other phones in your office. At a minimum the Device Pool, Calling Search Space, and Location should match others in your office. Once the device exists then you add an extension from the Line [1] - Add a DN link on the left. Again there are dozens of settings. Stare and compare with your phone or other ATA187 devices.

Walking through the settings and what the appropriate values are for your particular installation would require a far more interactive medium than the free forums provide. You may want to reach out to a Cisco partner and see if you they will offer you additional assistance. Alternatively, there are classes available from Cisco Learning Partners.

Thank you. That is more information than we have been able to get at this point in time. We will try this and see where it takes us....with some luck we will find the solution. This Cisco system is a very big animal and we are all a bit overwhelmed in understanding all of its complexities that come with a VOIP system....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: