cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

When calling a voice-hunt group number the particular person's name is displayed

viacheslav.k
Level 1
Level 1

There is a voice hunt-group for internal support, for example:

voice hunt-group 52 parallel

final 6000

list 1711,1744,1798,1793,1712,1733,1780,1713,1755

timeout 20

pilot 1111

When someone calls 1111 for tech support, all phones of tech support are rining as expected. That's fine.

But annoying thing is that a calling person sees a name of particular tech person. In that case, who has a number 1711.

Is it possible to display something like 'Internal Support 1111' intead of particular name on the calling phone? Any workaround on it?

I am thinkg about creating a dummy ephone line with a name and put it on this hunt-group list, but the number of ephone line should be lower than 1711 (as I understand this).

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

giftonabel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The actual working should be as follows:

Since it is parallel, calls are going to ring simultaneously on all extensions and the calling party should see the Display as 1111 and once the first extension to answer is connected, it should display that name/number.

But i feel that, it could be kind of bug on your version of CME, as it displays only the first extension in your group while ringing, or else the only workaround would be the one you have mentioned i.e. creating a dummy extension.

CME has few limitations compared to CUCM, as in CUCM eventhough the call is connected via the Hunt Pilot, it can allow or restrict the connected line ID/Name presentation.

Let me know, if this helps.

rgds,

Gifton Abel.