cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

When I am talking on Cisco Unified IP Phone (7900 Series) and at same time someone else calls me there is no Busy tone?

adi_cisco_2011
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am using one of the Cisco Unified IP Phone (7900 Series) and when I am talking with someone on the phone, in case other people try to call me at that momment they don't hear any busy tone - instead, they hear tone like I am available? So it happens to me a lot that I am talking with someone for 20 minutes and when I hang up, other people call me asking me why I don't answer the phone. Can you imagine how it's hard to explain why I "didn't" answer the phone;)

Could someone tell me how to set-up in phone options Busy tone if someone calls me at the time when I am talking with someone else on the line?

Many thanks in advance for prompt reply.

Cheers;)

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Change the busy trigger to 1, then users will follow whatever CFB behavior you have configured. If there's no behavior configured they'll get busy tone.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for quick reply javalenc!

Change the busy trigger to 1

You mean plastic trigger on the phone (because I didn't notice any) or I have to find this option using menu? If I have to find it somwhere in options please explain how because I just started using this phone and still don't know to much about this.

Greeetings.

Hi

As java says, you need to change the busy trigger.

You'll need to get into the CUCM Administration web page, go to the device (phone) and then select the line (extension). You'll see the busy trigger (which generally defaults to 4 calls) down at the bottom of the page.

Barry

If you're an end user this is something you should be discussing with your local IT as this is not something you can change without access to CCMadmin.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Adi,

Here we go

Status
Informational MessageStatus:  Ready

Directory Number Information
Required Field

Move DownMove Up

Directory Number Settings
(Choose  to use system default)
Required Field
Required Field

AAR Settings
Voice Mail AAR Destination Mask AAR Group
or

Call Forward and Call Pickup Settings
Voice Mail Destination Calling Search Space
Calling Search Space Activation Policy
or
Secondary Calling Search Space for Forward All
or
or
or
or
or
or
or
or
or

Park Monitoring
Voice Mail Destination Calling Search Space
or A blank value means to call the parker's line.
or A blank value means to call the parker's  line.
A blank value will use value set in Park Monitoring  Reversion Timer service parameter

MLPP Alternate Party Settings

Line Settings for All Devices
Setting the Hold Reversion Ring Duration to zero will disable  the feature
Setting the Hold Reversion Notification Interval to zero will  disable the feature
Required Field

Line 1 on Device SEPACA016FC17EE
Display text for a line appearance is  intended for displaying text such as a name instead of a directory number for  internal calls. If you specify a number, the person receiving a call may not see  the proper identity of the caller.
Required Field
Required Field
Required Field
Applies to this line when any line  on the phone has a call in progress.
Required Field

Multiple Call/Call Waiting Settings on Device  SEPACA016FC17EE
Note:The range to select the Max Number of calls is: 1-200
Required Field
Required Field (Less than or equal to Max.  Calls)

Cheers!

Rob