cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where can I get localization files for SIP firmware?

aeciolemos
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have a request from a couple people that need the SIP firmware locale to be set in their languages. I know SIP firmware uses JAR files for translation, but I can't seem to locate them anywhere. I need the mk-sip.jar for 7942 in Brazilian Portugese for starters, but it might be nice to find where to download them for future needs.

Thank you for any help.

Cheers,

Aecio

3 Replies 3

Are you using CME or CUCM? For both these are located in Cisco download
portal. Just select the version of the CME and you will get a list of what
you want to download including localization file.

***** please remember to rate useful posts

Hi Mohammed,

These are on Asterisk/FreePBX or Elastix. I am not using either CME or CUCM for these. However, are the files I need for SIP firmware also in there?

aeciolemos
Level 1
Level 1

I managed to figure it out. I extracted the mk-sip.jar file from the CUCM package and that worked. If anyone else is facing this issue to translate a SIP firmware converted device:
1. Open the po-locale-pt_BR-k3-12.0.1.1000-1.cop.sgn with 7ZIP or other such software.

2. Naviage to usr/locale/cm/tftp/

3. You will see a folder with the name of your user locale (example portugese_brazil)

4. Navigate to that folder and extract the file you need (in my case, mk-sip.jar)

5. Put that in a folder in your tftp structure (in my case portugese_brazil)

6. include the User Locale information in your SEP file and remember to put in the language code for your locale (my case pt_BR)

That should solve it. Just need to observe the file version that works with the SIP firmware you have. In my case, V9 SIP firmware with V12 as above.

Cheers