I have a request from a couple people that need the SIP firmware locale to be set in their languages. I know SIP firmware uses JAR files for translation, but I can't seem to locate them anywhere. I need the mk-sip.jar for 7942 in Brazilian Portugese for starters, but it might be nice to find where to download them for future needs.
I managed to figure it out. I extracted the mk-sip.jar file from the CUCM package and that worked. If anyone else is facing this issue to translate a SIP firmware converted device: 1. Open the po-locale-pt_BR-k3-126.96.36.1990-1.cop.sgn with 7ZIP or other such software.
2. Naviage to usr/locale/cm/tftp/
3. You will see a folder with the name of your user locale (example portugese_brazil)
4. Navigate to that folder and extract the file you need (in my case, mk-sip.jar)
5. Put that in a folder in your tftp structure (in my case portugese_brazil)
6. include the User Locale information in your SEP file and remember to put in the language code for your locale (my case pt_BR)
That should solve it. Just need to observe the file version that works with the SIP firmware you have. In my case, V9 SIP firmware with V12 as above.