Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Which Phones Register in SRST Mode

Hello all,

I am trying to find registeration procedures on SRST. My questions, if I have only a 25 user license and have 200 phones on my network, which 25 phones get registered? How does SRST choose which phones register as the first 25.         

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It is a race condition at that time, first phones to register win.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You drive it via a separate device pool on CUCM side. Build one DP with SRST reference and one without SRST disabled. Then assign appropriate DP to phones.

HTH,

Chris

yes, that I understand. I am wondering though, if all the phones were in the same DP, which first 25 phones would register?

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It is a race condition at that time, first phones to register win.

Chris

Hi,

It's exactly as Chris indicated, first come first served basis. Basically all ip phones send keep lives to their primary and secondary CallMangers at 30 and 60 second intervals respectively. Therefore there is no sure way to determine which Ip phones are likely act first on receiving no ack from the primary followed by the secondary.

If there is no urgency to which phones use SRST then all ip phones can use the dp referencing the Srst Gateway. If there are critical or high profile DNs then these should be assigned to a different DP using SRST to all the others as Chris had suggested.

Regards
Allan.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Thanks Chris,  appreciate the response and answers. Thanks allan as well.

Hi Allan,
In the absence of appreciation from the original poster I put (+5) for your post. Keep up the good work.

Response Signature

wow, roger. First of all, I already expressed my thanks, so your claim about abscence of appreciation is actually insulting to me. Secondly, Allan was simply agreeing with Chris, therefore I decided to give Chris the points since he did answer the question for me and finally , had I known I could have given points to both , I may have, but didn't realize anyone could just post points on a blog that wasn't even theirs,  No offense Allan, as I said, I had already thanked you.