Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Which route pattern will have the top priority if they are both the same

Hi,

We have a VG350 voice gateway connected to the CUCM. One of the FXO ports has got a direct PSTN line, and another has a PBX trunk connection. The PBX connection allows you access to the national PSTN if you use the route pattern 910[1-8]XXXXXXXXX, where 91 will be stripped off by the PBX .

Also because we have a PSTN line directly connected to an FXO port we can also use the route pattern 91.0[1-8]XXXXXXXXX , where the CUCM will discard the digits 91 to route via the CUCM.

I would like to know in a situation like this, which path will take priority if I dial for example 9107865821546.... As far as I can see it takes the direct PSTN route. ANy ideas are appreciated. 

G

3 Replies 3

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

if PT is clash then R&B (round & robin) fashion going to happen over the RP.

Br,

nadeem

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

Not sure I understand what you're saying here, you're saying that he's going to use both route patterns in a round robin fashion????

FYI, it's not round & robin, it's just round robin. R&B stands for rhythm and blues

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Deepak Mehta
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Gayathri, 

If both route pattern has same exact same match then it depends how you order these  partition inside your CSS.

The route pattern which you want to match first , it's partition will have be ordered higher in CSS.

Also remember line CSS partition will always take preference over the device preference.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: