cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Which Trace Files to download from RTMT to determine unregistered phones at a specific time.

jamize
Level 1
Level 1

We received an RTMT alert early this morning that a percentage of phones had unregistered.  Unfortunately no one saw the alarm until later.  By the time we checked RTMT we couldn't see that many devices unregistered.  I'm trying to determine which trace files I can download from RTMT for that time (1:06am) to determine which devices went down.  I tried downloading the Call Manager traces but it didn't show any unregistered during that time.

Thanks,

Jeff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jeff,

For phone unregistration issue you can collect

Detailed Cisco Call Manager traces

Event Viewer - Application and Event Viewer - System logs

they should be able to provide all required information

HTH

JB

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jeff,

This links talks about different scenarios and traces that needs to be collected.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/126941/cucm-trace-lookup-different-scenarios

HTH

JB

Hi JB - That's good information, however, I'm just trying to figure out which trace files to download t to determine which phones unregistered at 1:06am.  I'm not opening a TAC case for a severe issue. 

Do you happen to know which files would should that for a specific time?

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

For phone unregistration issue you can collect

Detailed Cisco Call Manager traces

Event Viewer - Application and Event Viewer - System logs

they should be able to provide all required information

HTH

JB

Thanks JB.  I was able to find what I needed by pulling the last files you mentioned.

Thanks,

Jeff

Mohammed Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jamize,

Check below link which covers detailed explanation to troubleshooting phone registration.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/12088286/troubleshooting-ip-phone-registration-cucm

Regards,

Mohammed Noor