Views
Helpful
Replies

Whitelist for call-blocking

reimanje
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!!

Im looking for a way to block all incomming calls to a certain extension, except specific calling numbers.

My customer wants no one to call that extensions except certain cell phones.

Im running an H.323 Gateways and i was playing arround with the call block feature. I can block all callers or only specific callers, but i didnt find a way to black all EXCEPT a few.

I hope someone has an idea.

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, on a GW with H.323 you can do that with cor. You configure incoping pots DT with answer-address (calling number) and a corlist.

Then you have outgoing voip DP with the protected extensions matched by destination-pattern, and cor as well. The remaining DPs also have a non-permitting corlist.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

I was thinking in that direction , but thats what Cisco Dokumentation says about "answer-adress":

For calls that come in from a plain old telephone service (POTS) interface, the answer-address command is not used to select an incoming dial peer. The incoming POTS dial peer is selected on the basis of the port configured for that dial peer.

so i thought that is not what im looking for.

Do i missunterstand something?

Hi, that paragraph is wrong, in fact "port" is ignored for incoming pots DP matching in current IOS.

So, COR is indeed the right technique.

As an appreciation to contributors, please rate useful posts with the scrollbox below!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: