Views
Helpful
Replies

Who pays for Call forward

chrisbuchner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I want to know who pays for a call forward when it is done to another internal extension.

My logic tells me it is the incoming callers cost even when it is forwarded to another extension or to another extension over VOIP to a different location lets say a different branch?

So for instance:

+27 992 40310 calls me on +27 055 294 (2012) and I forward that to +27 099 283 (9300)

On the CUCM it will look like this:

+27 992 40310 >2012 >9300

Am I Correct?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

What is the secondary system? If it's not traversing any telco trunks then there is nothing to pay for the forwarded call.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

The cost will be on caller only as long as you are in the same system

Hi Mohammed,

Thank you for your reply!

And who would carry the cost if it is forwarded to another PABX on the network within the country?

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The forward is another call from your system so you pay for that cost. The initial call is still hair pinned through your system (unless you perform some kind of REFER transfer), so the original caller pays for the call to you, but you pay for the outbound forward call.

Hi Chris,

Even though our system is set to send calls via WAN connection to the secondary system we would still pay for the call?

Example being it is an internal call if we call the secondary system but if we forward outside calls to the secondary system it is billed to us and the caller?

Regards,

What is the secondary system? If it's not traversing any telco trunks then there is nothing to pay for the forwarded call.

We own 2 BE6000 systems

so BE6k1 > SIP TRUNK > BE6k2 so we have intercompany calls via VOIP.

Hence why my route patterns are not set to send the calls VIA PRI E1 or VOIP service but basically it goes straight to the other system.

Thank you for your answer!

Then there is no cost associated with such call/forward. You only pay for call that use telco trunks, inter-company voip calls do not cost anything.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: