cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why use QSIG

Yan Tian
Level 1
Level 1

I know that QSIG has been designed specially for multi-vendor PBXs Supplementary Service inter-operation.

But it seems to me that PRI E1/TI can also do the same job. I did not see any reasons make me think QSIG as the only one option ?

4 Replies 4

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Yan,

The following post has the explanation on why QSIG is needed.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/104091/qsig

HTH

Manish

Hi batts,

Thanks for your reply. so nowadays, E1 or QSIG are fully equivalent when it comes to tie 2 PBXs. If answer is no, can you provide some particular scenarios where QSIG is mandatory ?

Hi Manish, Thanks for your info, I have reviewed that URL before I posted this thread. Unfortunately, that URL did not help.

Hi Yan,

QSIG and E1 are not fully equivalent.They will both offer the basic functionality of being able to pass calls , however QSIG offers additional supplementary services as I described in my previous thread.

Cheers

Mark

m.batts
Level 4
Level 4

Hi ,

In a way you are right , in the past I have used an E1 to tie two PBX's together due to QSIG incompatibilities, , however  you have already mentioned the answer "Supplementary Services".

QSIG includes all sorts of extra functionality in regards to supplementary services, I can't go into all the differences as its all depends on PBX models etc.Personally nowadays I would always use QSIG, but you might getaway with an standard E1 depending on what you are trying to do across the link.

Hope that helps

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: