Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows OpenSSH, UCCX, DRS and Ciphers

KSouthern
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to use OpenSSH server which is built into Windows Server 2019 for DRS of our UCCX system.   Long story short I am decommissioning and older server and need to move the backups.  The DRS on the UCCX throws an error message, "Update failed : Unable to access SFTP server. Please ensure the username and password are correct."  I know the username and password are correct as I have them working correctly on the other two DRS configurations I setup.    I have narrowed it down to an issue with ciphers that are not available by default with the Windows OpenSSH version.   I have been searching around trying to find a way to add those, but I only seem to find information that is not relevant or I am not understanding what to do.   

Hoping someone might have some information they could share that would help me add the ciphers needed to the config_sshd file.

Thanks,

Keith

2 Replies 2

patrick032
Level 1
Level 1
Hey man, have you found some fix for that?
I am raising a case. This is a very important question.

Hi Patrick,

I did end up getting this working.   There is an sshd_config file located in C:\ProgramData\ssh.   In the document, there is a ciphers section in that file where you can add the ciphers.  Here is what I added to make ours work.

#Enabling all Ciphers!
Ciphers +aes128-ctr,aes192-ctr,aes256-ctr,aes128-cbc,3des-cbc

Once you update the file you will need to restart the services, then you can test DRS.   I would recommend taking a copy of the file to edit incase you have any issues. 

Hopefully that helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: