Views
Helpful
Replies

winmgmt cause CPU spike

sr2290723
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Have anyone got problem with winmgmt.exe process in Call Manager ?

Currently I'm using CCM 4.1(3)SR4D. I know that the cause of winmgmt spiking is the monitoring software Cisco Unified Operations Manager 2.0. Currently I disable the WMI service in Call Manager, but as a result my monitoring service doesn't work. Any solution so Call Manager and monitoring software can both work without disturbing each other ? This is quite a dilemma.

Great thanks all.

Wiyandi

4 Replies 4

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

There is a known bug, fixed in new versions of the OS 2000.4.X. If you have the latest version and the problem still occurs open a TAC case.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830075

Hi,

I have checked my servers, and the logging level is already set at "Errors only", but the problem still occurs. I'm using OS 2000.2.7.

Thanks.

Wiyandi

ybanezc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Have you already resolve this issue because im also having same problem but for me I installed Operation manager 2.0.1.

I appreciate if you help me.

Thanks

We have had problems with winmgmt.exe spikes caused by CUOM, and I think we are finally over them. There are at least two bugs that could be leading to your problems...

CCM OS - as referenced above you need to upgrade your OS (via the Cisco provided upgrades, and patches) to cover for the Microsoft bug. I am now on 2000.4.4aSR10

CUOM interoperability - the bug CSCsh75491 (in new Bug Tool) specifically references CUOM causing the CPU spike. I did the work-around, and have since upgraded from 2.0.0 to 2.0.1 on CUOM to get the bug fix.

Here is a link to the CUOM bug...

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsh75491

I hope this helps,

--Joe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: