Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless hanset IP phone

bob21
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have Cisco IP Phone 8865 & 8851, these phone are Bluetooth. We really need to find an handset without cable but with Bluetooth functionality in order to use this phone with an handset but without cable.

Do you know if such an hanset exist on Cisco side or maybe another phone model with this functionality ?

Many thanks for your reply.

8 Replies 8

Hari Prasad
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Bob,

As per Cisco

Coming soon, a premium Bluetooth headset built for business, personal, and the journey between.

Refer below URL and contact Cisco Sales team to get update about it.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collaboration-endpoints/headset-500-series/index.html

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collaboration-endpoints/headset-500-series/index.html#~stickynav=2

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks, Hari Prasad

Andrew Skelly
Level 7
Level 7

Bob, what is the business need for a wireless handset?  A Bluetooth headset would be a more realistic option that offers various levels of product from inexpensive to expensive.  You also have options such as noise canceling, monaural or binaural, over-the-head, earbuds etc.  A headset will also free up both hands for typing or other dextrous activities.  What is the driving factor behind needing a Bluetooth handset and is there opportunity to come up with an alternative solution to the problem?

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

Hi,

The business need is for Manager and women who do not want to wear a headset to not be disheveled.......

Regards.

Unfortunately I've never encountered a Bluetooth headset.  If somebody is that insecure about their looks I would suggest they get Bluetooth earbuds or you purchase a 3rd party Bluetooth phone and connect it to an analog voice gateway.  They will lose all the Cisco IP phone functions but will have their Bluetooth handset.

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

Thanks for your answer !

Apple AirPods are BT capable.
If this doesn't suit their needs then Bose and Jabbra both have BT earpiece and suitable for answering calls.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
BT wireless HANDSET?
Everyone is craving for BT headset, this is very weird.

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Jabra makes (or made) the Handset 450 that is a DECT wireless handset, designed primarily for UC applications.

I have no idea if it works with the Cisco 8851/8861 over USB, though I believe it does work with Jabber.

In some cases such as these we've looked at some of the over-the-ear headsets , or Jabra Speak speakerphones. Depends on the office environment.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: