Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless headset Hookswitch control for a 6945

Robin Lamarre
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to enable the wireless headset Hookswitch control for a 6945 on CUCM version 9.0.x (9.0.1.10000-37)? This document makes me believe it's possible:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/6921_6941_6945_6961/9_0/english/admin_guide/P690_BK_4AB91FB_00_admin-6921-6941-6945-6961_chapter_011.html#IP95_TP_WFE19F9F_00

"Cisco Unified IP Phone 6921, 6941, 6945, and 6961 Administration Guide for Cisco Unified Communications Manager 9.0 (SCCP and SIP)

Step 1  

From the Cisco Unified   Communications Manager Administration, choose Device > Phone.

Step 2  

Scroll to the Wireless Headset   Hookswitch Control section.

Step 3  

To enable Electronic Hookswitch,   choose Enabled.

Step 4  

To disable Electronic Hookswitch,   choose Disabled."

In practice, the option is not present on latest 9.0, but does appear with latest 9.1 version after the latest device pack is installed.

So back to my question, is it possible to have this option on 9.0 ? Or is the minor upgrade to latest 9.1 a must do ?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Robin,

Have you tried the latest CUCM 9.0 Device Pack?

Features available with latest Cisco Unified Communications Manager Device Pack

The  following features require the installation of a Cisco Unified  Communications Manager device pack containing the Cisco IP Phone  configuration files. The device pack installs the firmware and the  configuration files needed to enable the features. These features can be  configured and may be turned off by default. After being turned on,  these features may also have attributes or settings that can be  configured. See the sections below for more details.

For information on the availability of Cisco Unified Communications Manager Device Packs, see:

http:/​/​www.cisco.com/​en/​US/​docs/​voice_ip_comm/​cucm/​compat/​devpack_​comp_​mtx.html

Electronic Hookswitch

The Electronic Hookswitch feature enables users to remotely  control basic IP phone functionality from a wireless analog headset  connected to the phone auxiliary port. Basic IP phone functionality  includes off-hook/on-hook, ring indication, audio volume control, and  mute/unmute.

The administrator enables or disables the Electronic Hookswitch feature.

The user connects a base station to the auxiliary port. The base station communicates with the wireless headset.

The Electronic Hookswitch feature supports the following headsets:

• Jabra 
    • PRO9400 and GO6400 series and Straight cable (Jabra Link14201-22)
    • PRO920, GN9300 series and GN9120 the adapter cable Link 14201-16

This feature is supported on the following phones (SCCP and SIP):

• Cisco Unified IP Phone 6945

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/6900_series/firmware/933/release_notes/P069_BK_R9A78776_00_rn-9_3_3-6900-series_chapter_00.html#IP95_TP_E7F8E2EE_00

Cheers!

Rob

"I don't know how, I don't know when
But you and I will meet again " 

- Tom Petty

thanks Rob

I am pretty sure (will have to triple check) that the only device pack available for 9.0.1 was installed. In the link you sent for the compatibility Matrix, it looks like the 6945 is not targeted by any devicepack for this version. Would explain why feature is not showing up ?

Unified CM Device Release Number or Device Pack for 9.0(1)

Cisco Unified IP Phone              

6921, 6941, 6945 and 6961    

9.3(3)

No devpack available

back to start, anyone knows if this feature is supposed to be available on 9.0.1 for 6945 phones ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: