cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Headset Hookswitch Control on 7800 and 8800 phones - 12.5.1SU3

Bill
Level 1
Level 1

On CUCM 12.5.1 SU3, looks like the setting for Wireless Headset Hookswitch Control on 7800 and 8800 phones has been removed. Is this a feature or a bug, or am I missing something?

The setting is available for 7965 phones on 12.5.1 SU3.

On previous release, 12.5.1SU1 it is also available for 7800 and 8800 phones.

As well as 11.5 releases.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

That appeared in the 12.7(1) firmware and associated database changes, snip below from the release notes.

It could be labeled a bit better and I'm not sure why you can't also set it as an administrator but such as it is.

Enable Electronic Hookswitch Control on Your Phone

Users can now enable the Electronic hookswitch control or e-hook from their phone. Previously, this parameter was located on the phone page in Cisco Unified Communications Manager. This improvement makes it easier for users to enable and use their headsets.

You provide access to the administration settings on the phone. Users enable this parameter by navigating Admin settings > Aux port.

Where to Find More Information
  • Cisco IP Phone 8800 Series User Guide

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

That appeared in the 12.7(1) firmware and associated database changes, snip below from the release notes.

It could be labeled a bit better and I'm not sure why you can't also set it as an administrator but such as it is.

Enable Electronic Hookswitch Control on Your Phone

Users can now enable the Electronic hookswitch control or e-hook from their phone. Previously, this parameter was located on the phone page in Cisco Unified Communications Manager. This improvement makes it easier for users to enable and use their headsets.

You provide access to the administration settings on the phone. Users enable this parameter by navigating Admin settings > Aux port.

Where to Find More Information
  • Cisco IP Phone 8800 Series User Guide

Thanks so much.

I looked for a solution, but did not see that.

Appreciate it.

I have a Cisco VOIP 8811.  I do not have the admin settings option on my phone.  I looked through the user guide and it says Firmware 12.7(1) is required.  On my phone the software version is sip88xx.11-3-5MPP00001-276.loads and the Hardware version is V34.  I can't tell if that is the correct version or not.  Any ideas?

You have MPP software, that’s different than Enterprise software where this is applicable. I don’t have any specific experience with MPP software, so I can’t say if this functionality is present in your firmware. Hopefully someone win the community can give you a hand with this.

Response Signature