cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless IP Phone SRST

dinesh.purohit
Level 1
Level 1

IP phone are registered while fallback, but our wireless phone are not registered when link fails. Our scenerio is like DC center having wireless controller , CUCM cluster & remote sites having Voice Router & AP's are connected.

When WAN link fails Wireless Phones are not registered, But all SIP and SCCP phones are registered. 

14 Replies 14

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When WAN link fails Wireless Phones are not registered,

Take a few steps back ... When the WAN links fail, does the wireless phone authenticate to the wireless controller or not?

Hello Leo 

When i am using the same ssid during the WAN link fails, my laptop is connected and working fine . 

Bt wireless Phn not get registered. As wireless controller on DC sites, We have voice gateway remote site.

Bt wireless Phn not get registered.

Answer this question FIRST:  When the WAN links fail, does the wireless phone authenticate to the wireless controller or not?

What's the use troubleshooting why the phone won't register with the local voice gateway if the phone can't authenticate to the AP in the first place?  Is the wireless mode configured in FlexConnect?

my laptop is connected and working fine

Laptop connects to WHAT "fine"?  The wireless phone SSID or general SSID?  

Wireless is configured on flexconnect mode. We used the same wifi voice vlan on laptop once link fails its continuously pingable not a single drop. we are pinging voice gateway IP address.

As you suspect authentication, we are using at controller level, Can we use authentication at the both the AP & Controller level ?

Wireless Phone are not registered, i debug it at voice router not getting request. I suspect any local authentication should be configure at AP as well as controller.

Pls Suggest. 

Ok, so when the WAN link goes down the phone doesn't authenticate to the wireless.  

So what method does the phone authenticate with?  PSK?  DOT1X?  Open?

Sry for delayed response, as required downtime and we check with open authentication even wont work. Also we have open the debug tftp events, and debug voice register not able to see any single request for IP phone. 

as required downtime and we check with open authentication even wont work. Also we have open the debug tftp events, and debug voice register not able to see any single request for IP phone. 

This is no longer a phone issue.  This is wireless configuration issue.

Please elaborate further when you state "open authentication even won't work".  With open authentication, can the phone associate to the specified SSID or not?

Phone is associated with test ssid with flex connect mode and open authentication even though only search the CUCM ip address and further getting msg tftp timeout on Wireless Phone. wirless ip Phone firmware is cp7926g-1.4.5.3.load

further getting msg tftp timeout on Wireless Phone

Ok, the phone authenticates to the specified SSID.  Does the phone get a valid IP address?

TFTP timeout?  Is there a FW blocking TFTP traffic?  Where is this TFTP server?  Can any corded phone reach the TFTP server?  Is DHCP Option 150 pointing to the correct TFTP server IP address?

Yes, Phone getting ip address and showing the CUCM Primary, Secondary and SRST gateway Ip address. SIP phones are registered. 

DHCP is configured on core switch locally. 

Yes, Phone getting ip address and showing the CUCM Primary, Secondary and SRST gateway Ip address. SIP phones are registered. 

You're not making any sense. 

My entire line of questioning is about troubleshooting when the WAN link(s) fail.  The response you've just provided are when the WAN link is UP.  

This is the state when link fails, Only showing call manager Primary, Secondary server. After getting tftp timeout. beacuse link is already fails if link up it will register. 

After getting tftp timeout. beacuse link is already fails if link up it will register. 

TFTP timetout because the WAN link is DOWN.  

If this phone is vital, then there should be an ALTERNATE TFTP configured.  This alternate TFTP should be LOCAL to the site.

Dear Leo 

Yes you are right we have configured the alternate tftp address localy.

thanks and appreciate, if you can assist us design itself possible or not. Let me explain whole scenerio once again.

Central wireless controller and cucm cluster at Central site & remote sites AP are configured in flexconnect mode with local authentication, Voice gateway configured as a srst mode.

Local desk phone either SIP or Sccp is registered when link fails, but only wirless Phones are not registering with SRST router.

We have past experience on wireless IP phone in srst mode with local central site wireless controller and AP also locally, its work fine when we removed the connectivity with CUCM.

Suggest design itself support which we are doing now.

Dinesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: