Views
Helpful
Replies

wireless network

FujifilmFCB
Level 1
Level 1

HI there all,

I want to ask a thing about wireless cisco 7921 / 7925G devices losing connection to the wireless network.

We have a Cisco 4400 series wireless lan controller and have  accespoints ( cisco aronet 1200 ag series ) all over the factory.

Our enviroment is like 8 years old, we recently virtualized our callmanager ( v 10.5 ) on our vsphere 5.5

wireless network coverage is tested several times and seems to be ok.

devices 7921 experience one way trafic, ( they can hear the other patry, but other parety cannot hear the 7921 sccp )

devices 7921 some have to restart the device every day to have a working connection with the callmanager.

devices 7925G during conversation losing connection, or sometimes calling party cannot hear the speech 7925G devices .

any sugestions, thanks in advance for all the reply

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try with the latest firmware of 7921 and 7925G and see if the issue persists. If yes, these kind of issues will require packet captures from the access point as well as cucm traces to see what could be going wrong with the signaling or media flow.

Manish

Could it be we need to replace the access points, cause they are sinds 2010 end of life / sale

same for the 7921 wich is not in the support matrix for the cisco callmanager 10.5

do I need to replace some hardware here,..??

thanks for al the reply

I would say that ruling out the firmware or IOS related issues can be done first. If the issue persists then the hardware can be checked. A quick check for hardware could be by replacing a 7921 with a newer currently shipping wireless IP phone. If that works fine then your Access point should be okay. If a large number of endpoints ( AP and IP phones ) are involved then its better to open a TAC case and have them investigate. You won't like to be in a situation where the same problem exists after replacing IP phones and endpoints.

Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: