cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wondering if you could help me please

Nathan Hardman
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to change a uk geo number into an 0870XXXXXXX number so when the geo number makes a call it comes up on called users phone , but i cant for the life of me figure out how to do this.

Is this done on the Cube or the CUCM (7.0)

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

31 Replies 31

mudmathu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nathan,

You can do this on the CUCM using the calling and called party transformation. What I cannot understand is that do you want to do this fir a single number or you want for a group of numbers ??

Thanks

Mudit

Hi Mudit,

I only want do do this for 2 different numbers.

for e.g

123456789 to show 987654321 when that phone dials out.

Does that make sense, Inbound this isn't an issue just outbound.

Hi Nathan,

you can do either on CUCM or CUBE

On CUbe you can do a voice-translation rule 1

rule 1 /^123456789$/ /987654321/                       ---------------------->whenever it will see number123456789 it will translate to 987654321

then create a voice-translation profile change_ani

translate calling 1--------------------------------------------------->this will translate the caling number according to the rule 1

and apply that voice-translation profile on say inbound dial-peer dial-peer

dial-peer voice 1 voip

translation-profile outgoing change_ani                      --------------> this will change the calling number for the outbound                                                                                call accoridng to the voice translation profile

HTH

PS: Rate if you find the information useful.

Regards,

sumit

Hi Sumit,

How is this done on the CUCM?

Thanks

I will rate when i have finished with this issue

Hi Nathan,

If the translation is done only for 1 number then you can goto ->

ccm -> call routing -> Tranformation Pattern -> Called Party Transformation.

So, before the call hits any route Pattern / Trunk / Route List, the number can be transformed.

If you need to do it for all the numbers then you can create a route list / route pattern and if you scroll down, you will find called and calling transformation.

Thanks

Mudit

Hi

So If you want to change only for 2 numbers then

What you can do is you can create translation patterns which will be matched before matching route patterns

Say your first phone is 123456 and assign a CSS A and create a translation pattern say 9.! and put that in partition A

and create calling party transformation in Translation pattern.This has changed your calling party for this phone before matching Route pattern

Second phone is 456890 and assign a CSS B and create a translation pattern say 9.! and put that in partition B

and create calling party transformation in this Translation pattern .This has changed your calling party for Second phone

before matching route pattern.

CSSA contains PT A          and          CSS B contain PT B

Now assign the CSS of both translation pattern the same CSS which you assign for all the other phones apart from 2 phones which inturn will match the Route pattern

Since Its a long and a bit complicated procedure thats why i advised you to create a voice translation rule on the gateway which simplifes the job .

Rest is up to you.

Regards,

sumit

Hi Sumit,

Thanks for you update, I think i will try what you suggested configuration on the gateway first.

Thanks Mudit

Hi Sumit,

I have tried below and it did not work?

voice translation-rule 17

rule 1 /^0669$/ /0870863XXXX/

voice-translation profile change_ani

translate calling 17

dial-peer voice 0669 voip

translation-profile outgoing change_ani

Any idea's?

oice translation-rule 17

rule 1 /^0669$/ /0870863XXXX/---->will never work

you cannot have a wild card on the second part of it

Regards,

sumit

rule 1 /^0669$/ /0870863XXXX/---->will never work

so this needs to be

rule 1 /0669/ /0870863XXXX/ ??????

I do know final 4 digits of the 0870 number.

0669 - is the DN

it needs to be

HQ-RTR(config)#voice translation-rule 17

HQ-RTR(cfg-translation-rule)#rule 1 /^0669$/ /0870863\0/

HQ-RTR(cfg-translation-rule)#exit

you can check which number is being translated to what.

HQ-RTR#test voice tran

HQ-RTR#test voice translation-rule 1 0669

Error: Rule set 1 not found

HQ-RTR#test voice translation-rule 17 0669

Matched with rule 1

Original number: 0669   Translated number: 08708630669

Original number type: none      Translated number type: none

Original number plan: none      Translated number plan: none

it will change the number 0669 to 08708630669.I guess thats what your requirement is right ????

no it needs to be 0002.

but when i tested it to my mobile it still showed the geo number

Hi Nathan,

Can you please answer the questions below

1 ) What is your extesion to which your Ip phone is regsitered with call manager

2)  what is the number you want to be displayed on your mobile

3)  Have you chcked if its matching the correct incoming dial-peer where voice translation profile is bing appplied

4)  Please check debug voip ccai inout to see whats the number it is translating to

I think there is some misconfiguration .

Regards,

sumit

1 ) What is your extesion to which your Ip phone is regsitered with call manager - 0669

2)  what is the number you want to be displayed on your mobile - 08708630002

3)  Have you chcked if its matching the correct incoming dial-peer where voice translation profile is bing appplied - How do i do this?

4)  Please check debug voip ccai inout to see whats the number it is translating to - All there seems to be is xxxxxxxxxx

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: