Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Work Around for Cisco IP Softphone

I have the Cisco IP Communicator (8.6.6.51) installed on my PC. In PREFERENCES/NETWORK,  I need to set my tftp.  I can't get it to stick, so i have changed the tftps in the registry successfully. but i cannot get the radio button to stick ("use these tftp servers").  Is there a way I can force this to stick, either by making a registry edit, or by changing a config file.  I'm sorry, but this seems to be the only way to make this work.  Thank you for your advice in advance.  Mark

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Running as Administrator should do the trick, but make sure the application is fully shut down before re-launching as admin. To play save you may have to kill the process (communicatork9.exe) from task manager.  I have a couple of installs for test purposes, one on Windows 7 and one on Windows 10.  I frequently change the network settings to bring them up as different instances.

Edit - if you need to swap between a couple of configurations, or just set an initial configuration, you could create a .reg file to import.  Note the hex coding for TFTP server, this example is for 192.168.1.2

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Communicator]
"HostName"="IPC-TONY"
"TftpServer1"=dword:201a8c0

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try running CIPC with admin privileges

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you Jaime. I did try running running as administrator. No success. Anything in the registry or config you can think of?

Running as Administrator should do the trick, but make sure the application is fully shut down before re-launching as admin. To play save you may have to kill the process (communicatork9.exe) from task manager.  I have a couple of installs for test purposes, one on Windows 7 and one on Windows 10.  I frequently change the network settings to bring them up as different instances.

Edit - if you need to swap between a couple of configurations, or just set an initial configuration, you could create a .reg file to import.  Note the hex coding for TFTP server, this example is for 192.168.1.2

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Communicator]
"HostName"="IPC-TONY"
"TftpServer1"=dword:201a8c0

Yes, I had the app open. Ok, feel like a total idiot now. Thank you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: