cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wrong ANI on incomming calls to some users. (shows the own ID)

Chrisluven_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

on of my clusters (CUCM 6.1, ExMob) shows a strange behaviour:

Two of my about 300 Users get their own Number shown in the phone display when they receive a call from external and not the telephone-number of the caller.

If they receive a call from internal, the screen shows the name and the number of the caller, absolutely correct.

It´s just two users that have this problem.

Deleting and recreating their ExMob and USer Porfiles did not solve the problem.

Does someone have an idea what is wrong on their profiles?

I compared it with fully functional profiles and did not see any differences and unfortunally I do not know wich keywords to use for a bug-toolkit search...

greetings

Christian

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have any transformation patterns in place?

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Java,

there are no transformation pattern configured on the system.

The user told me that it is a little bit strange, because some ANI´s are shown ( some mobile numbers eg. ) and some are not.

greetings

Christian

Christian,

It would be worth starting at the beginning, try checking what the carrier is presenting to your gateway. I assume this is an ISDN connection?

If so you could try:-

term no mon

conf t

service timestamps debug datetime msec
service timestamps log datetime msec
service sequence-number
logging buffered 51200000 debug
no logging rate-limit
no logging console

exit

This sets up the debugs to be buffered and not going to the console port or VTY ports.

Then setup a standard debug:-

debug isdn q931

When the user reports a problem log back on, set your terminal emulation program to log the output ot a file.

From EXEC prompt:-

Term len 0

show logg

Look through the file for the number and confirm what the carrier is sending in, it is as likely it's their problem as it's yours

To turn off the changes from EXEC prompt issue:-

Tem len 24

conf t

logging console

Try this and let us know, if the calling party number is correct is probably time to grab the CUCM logs.

Craig

PLEASE RATE HELPFUL POSTS!

Thank you very much for your detailed instructions on how to debug this.

Unfortunally, we have 4 PMX with 30 lines each and some thousands of calls a day.

Would this debugging might influence our gateway performance?

Is there another way to debug this maybe directly on the cucm ?

Greetings

Christian

Christian,

You can look at the CUCM logs as I suggested in my previous posting as the next setp, but it will be far more time consuming to read the logs AND the reason I suggested using a debug on the voice gateway was to take the whole CUCM out of the equation. If this shows an issue, it is 99% certain is a carrier issue.

Have a look at the RTMT guide regarding collecting CUCM  logs here http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/6_0_1/rtmt/rttlc.html

As to the question of router loading, it depends on your chassis and what else it does.

120 channels and thousands of calls sounds SMALL and LOW VOLUME to me.

Craig

Hey Guys,

sorry for the delayed answer...

My Colleague on site just told me that it is depending on the extension mobile profile logged in to the phone and not to a specific phone.

Maybe this helps.

greetings

Christian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: